Foreigner seen walking around naked in Pattaya

webfact

Here We Go Again! Foreigner Seen Walking Around Naked Again

pdn212.jpg

An Elder foreigner was spotted running around naked once again, this time the foreigner was found near a bar in North Pattaya.

PATTAYA – September 9, 2013 [PDN]; Pattaya Police were informed that an elder foreigner was seen walking nakedly at Pattaya Second Rd., North Pattaya. His strange behavior shocked and caused some confusion to both local people and tourists.

The man was estimated to be aged over 80 years old and it seemed that he was having problems recalling his memory. Police repeatedly tried to ask where he was staying at, but the man wouldn’t answer properly.

Police have initially taken him to a police post where police will try find out more about the man’s background. If he happens to have relatives, police will ask them to take care of the elder man.

Source: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/09/08/here-we-go-again-foreigner-seen-walking-around-naked-again/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-09-09

Let's not fight. Consider the possibility that he was drugged by a prostitute or ladyboy. That would explain a lot. It's too similar to last week's case to be a coincidence or some kind of epidemic of nudity.

Consider the possibility at his age he is suffering from dementia, that also would explain a lot. Common for Alzheimer's & Dementia sufferers to act in strange ways especially wandering naked.

• Like 1

Look at the photo.

The poor bloke,doesn't know if he is on this earth or fullers.

A sick man for sure.

Hopefully his family will come and rescue him.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

True. I have located a lot of senior citizens both male and female wondering around streets completely naked, it even happened to my own grandmother and definitely not the way I always remembered her. She is now 87 and lives in a nursing home where she has to monitored as she continually strips off.

To call senior citizens who act in this way "idiots" is cruel and insensitive. Unfortunately for some it is simply part of the aging process.

I even think the headline is a little insensitive as is displaying him semi naked before the media for people to look at and laugh. I doubt that this elderly guy is high on drugs like the previous stories.

Agreed. There's no reason to parade this poor guy in front of cameras. This is not some convoluted joke or sick sideshow; he needs help not humiliation. If the excuse is to help identify him and/or find family/friends, a portrait photo would work just as well.

Edited by marell
  • Like 2

True. I have located a lot of senior citizens both male and female wondering around streets completely naked, it even happened to my own grandmother and definitely not the way I always remembered her. She is now 87 and lives in a nursing home where she has to monitored as she continually strips off.

To call senior citizens who act in this way "idiots" is cruel and insensitive. Unfortunately for some it is simply part of the aging process.

I even think the headline is a little insensitive as is displaying him semi naked before the media for people to look at and laugh. I doubt that this elderly guy is high on drugs like the previous stories.

Agreed. There's no reason to parade this poor guy in front of cameras. This is not some convoluted joke or sick sideshow; he needs help not humiliation. If the excuse is to help identify him and/or find family/friends, a portrait photo would work just as well.

As we can see from the pic this is more of a photo opportunity for the happy grinning cop.

Edited by chooka

Lee, sorry, but are you serious? This may be related to Alzheimer, Dementia or another health problem where the patient is losing memory and doesn't really know what he is doing.

This poor old man needs help and not a silly BS comment such as yours.

Edited by Rimmer
Quoted reply of removed post

Absolutely agree, there is no reason to embarrass these poor people that way, I was already thinking of that when the event with the black guy - a few days ago, obviously in a drugged state, occurred - but in this case, it may be is for the good, someone may recognize the old man and he so can be found and receive help!

Edited by TinaKohChang
  • Like 1

They could have at least given the poor guy a blanket to cover himself up and keep the mosquitoes off.

Judging by the photo he doesn't seem to be "all there" and, unless and until information to the contrary is forthcoming, I suggest he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Some of the sneering, uncharitable remarks posted on ThaiVisa make me ashamed to be a falang.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif Absolutely agree with you! I feel ashamed too!

As we can see from the pic this is more of a photo opportunity for the happy grinning cop.

It wouldn't matter what the police did or didn't do, I'm sure you'd find fault with them. It seems some people can only focus on how the newspapers stage the photos and expect the police to look like some of the drama queens on CSI or whatever police soap operas on TV. The real police have to deal with endless sad people and sad situations. You can't expect them to spend their work day crying over all the problems they encounter and they can't be blamed for the man's condition.

If this guy has a family that cares about him, hopefully they are worried about him and will be contacted, but a lot of families in western countries can't be bothered. Since we like baseless speculating here, I would bet at least some of the elderly found wandering the streets were abandoned or intentionally alienated from their families who don't really want to know what's happened to them. He didn't get this old or disoriented (barring drugs) in the last 48 hours.

It seems the police are trying to find someone to help him. In some developed countries people like this are routinely dumped at hospitals and then the hospital will dump them back on the street if there's no payment forthcoming or life-threatening medical condition to deal with.

Edited by Suradit69

It seems that there have been a few people walking around naked and disorientated in Pattaya lately. Given the extent rohypnol has been used in Thailand in recent years to steal from the victims, and his strange behavior, I would say there is a fair chance of the same thing here.

Yes and how many of those who are guilty of illegally administering Rohypnol to others are actually serial (balcony) murderers?

Here We Go Again! Foreigner Seen Walking Around Naked Again

Posted Image

An Elder foreigner was spotted running around naked once again, this time the foreigner was found near a bar in North Pattaya.

PATTAYA – September 9, 2013 [PDN]; Pattaya Police were informed that an elder foreigner was seen walking nakedly at Pattaya Second Rd., North Pattaya. His strange behavior shocked and caused some confusion to both local people and tourists.

The man was estimated to be aged over 80 years old and it seemed that he was having problems recalling his memory. Police repeatedly tried to ask where he was staying at, but the man wouldn’t answer properly.

Police have initially taken him to a police post where police will try find out more about the man’s background. If he happens to have relatives, police will ask them to take care of the elder man.

Source: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/09/08/here-we-go-again-foreigner-seen-walking-around-naked-again/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-09-09

The guy is actually a mere 30 years old; the locals have taken the shirt off his back and made him age 50 years

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Lots of old people(Expat Falangs)living in Thailand, 30 % of them will have dementia or Alzheimer's in later years.

My mother have dementia since two years ago, she is in a special care in Ireland. I am planning to live in Thailand

in coming years but i must know what kind of care thailand have for dementia or Alzheimers before i might get it.

Hope that man is ok, his family back home should be notified and take him into a proper care.

It wouldn't matter what the police did or didn't do, I'm sure you'd find fault with them. It seems some people can only focus on how the newspapers stage the photos and expect the police to look like some of the drama queens on CSI or whatever police soap operas on TV. The real police have to deal with endless sad people and sad situations. You can't expect them to spend their work day crying over all the problems they encounter and they can't be blamed for the man's condition.

If this guy has a family that cares about him, hopefully they are worried about him and will be contacted, but a lot of families in western countries can't be bothered. Since we like baseless speculating here, I would bet at least some of the elderly found wandering the streets were abandoned or intentionally alienated from their families who don't really want to know what's happened to them. He didn't get this old or disoriented (barring drugs) in the last 48 hours.

It seems the police are trying to find someone to help him. In some developed countries people like this are routinely dumped at hospitals and then the hospital will dump them back on the street if there's no payment forthcoming or life-threatening medical condition to deal with.

I definitely know what police go through day after day and I definitely know what they do when they locate a naked elderly citizen in the street who may be suffering from dementia. Actually had training in the academy on how to handle these people with dignity and respect. Different to the way the Thai's do it.