Soi 5 immigration

Ulic

Credit were credit is due. Stopped by at 11:50 am for a 30 day tourist extension. I was out the door and on my scooter at 12:06.

I was impressed. Brought a couple of magazines but did not get the chance to read them. My first time there for a 30 day extension

and it was fast and painless.

Agree that going there is not a problem most of time,

but let's wait to see how it will be in December-February

because this last period has been a nightmare...

"but let's wait to see how it will be in December-February"

Yes, that's when I have to do my extension of stay renewal and it's always chaotic that time of the year. To be fair, the actual renewal process is usually fairly quick and painless, but the office is chock-a-block people doing other things, which means everyone is a little more on edge than they would be in August-September.

Maybe the next time they expand their office space they could separate the routine, regularly repeated reports and renewals sections from the seasonal chaos ... I know I'm dreaming. I still remember the sleepy office once located near Pattaya Beach (can't remember which soi that was). Whenever I went there it always seemed so tranquil by comparison to the current situation.

Edited by Suradit69

Yes, that's when I have to do my extension of stay renewal and it's always chaotic that time of the year. To be fair, the actual renewal process is usually fairly quick and painless, but the office is chock-a-block people doing other things, which means everyone is a little more on edge than they would be in August-September.

Maybe the next time they expand their office space they could separate the routine, regularly repeated reports and renewals sections from the seasonal chaos ... I know I'm dreaming. I still remember the sleepy office once located near Pattaya Beach (can't remember which soi that was). Whenever I went there it always seemed so tranquil by comparison to the current situation.

soi 9

soi 9

Soi 8 !!!whistling.gif

• Like 1

soi 9

Soi 8 !!!whistling.gif

i stand corrected

good for you!

Just out of interest: I did my 90 day report a few days ago and the immigration staff who saw me inputted my details into the computer and printed out a typed receipt which was stapled into my passport.. Copies from my passport and copy lease receipt which I handed in were handed back to me and i was told to show them on my next report. I noticed however that it appears other staff on the 90 day counter were not following that procedure but simply tearing off the receipt from the form and giving it back to the person reporting.

What is going on?

Around 2.30 yesterday almost completely empty. Still had to wait for my re-entry permit...........for them to finish their private phone calls and conversations. In and out in about 5 minutes though so no complaint really!

Just out of interest: I did my 90 day report a few days ago and the immigration staff who saw me inputted my details into the computer and printed out a typed receipt which was stapled into my passport.. Copies from my passport and copy lease receipt which I handed in were handed back to me and i was told to show them on my next report. I noticed however that it appears other staff on the 90 day counter were not following that procedure but simply tearing off the receipt from the form and giving it back to the person reporting.

What is going on?

That certainly didnt happen to me earlier today. The officer kept my form and document copies, stamped the bottom of the form umpteen times as usual, tore it off and stapled it into my passport.

The reason I was in and out so fast was simply because there was no queue anywhere, neither at the front desk or the 90-day counter.

It would be nice if they could introduce the IT-based system that you mention. It's very tedious and wasteful to have to print out and hand over the same old copies of passport, utility bill, application form etc etc each time, especially as they never look at them.

A couple of inflammatory posts that would undoubtedly turn into a massive fight removed. Let it be guys please, and let it be known that mods see all and hear all smile.png well on here anyway biggrin.png

• Like 2

In and out for my 90 Day in 4.5 minutes yesterday.

Why was it so slow? I did mine just now in under 2 minutes.

Things That Grate On You In Pattaya....

xphoto-thumb-81023.jpg,q_r=0.pagespeed.i Posted by blackman on 2013-06-14 09:27:13 in Pattaya Forum

People in Pattaya who always have to try to top you, if I caught a 30lb fish, they will have caught a 31lb fish.

I've got a tank for them!!! It's right next to the cage I have after someone said they had an elephant!

In and out for my 90 Day in 4.5 minutes yesterday.

Why was it so slow? I did mine just now in under 2 minutes.

Things That Grate On You In Pattaya....

xphoto-thumb-81023.jpg,q_r=0.pagespeed.i Posted by blackman on 2013-06-14 09:27:13 in Pattaya Forum

People in Pattaya who always have to try to top you, if I caught a 30lb fish, they will have caught a 31lb fish.

I've got a tank for them!!! It's right next to the cage I have after someone said they had an elephant!

noted, thank you