Rates at the moment

I have a 3 week trip to thailand coming up in about 4 weeks. The rate in thailand is about 41.90 per euro at the moment but with the inevitable military action coming up against syria i'm wondering if i should get myself some baht here as i'm sure the rate will fall with european participation in the strikes.

I can get it for 41.30 which isn't bad. If it drops to 38 again that is a difference of 3000 baht per 1000 euros.

I'd limited myself to changing 1000 euro's so it wouldn't be that much cash to carry around.

Any suggestions?

And I am sure baht will go lower, it is inevitable.

It's also inevitable we all die someday..the problem is we don't know when that someday will be.

OP: personally, I would wait until you arrive Thailand to exchange the great bulk of your Euro to Baht due to the better exchange rate you would get in Thailand compared to your home country. Just to show the recent FOREX exchange rate trend as shown by this FOREX chart for the last month the Euro/Baht exchange rate has been basically going sideways since 20 Aug. Could it peak or dip big time soon...sure it could...but I doubt it unless some major financial issue pops up relating to the baht, USD, or Euro. And even if the USD strike Syria soon which is looking less likely each day I doubt that would make much of a difference in most exchange rates...but if I had to guess it would make the Euro and USD stronger against the baht as emerging economies like Thailand seem to be getting hit hard nowdays due to probable QE easing, exports down, etc....that's what my cheap crystal ball says which has a 50-50 chance of being correct when it's working....the problem is I not sure when it's really working.

post-55970-0-65705300-1378794541_thumb.j

Edited by Pib

" The rate in thailand is about 41.90 per euro at the moment " and you can get it for 41.30

Not sure where you got that rate but if you go to Super Rich you can get 42.45 today in Thailand. Granted its only .55 more if exchanging here in Thailand and 1.15 more than if you exchange at home, but it all adds up especially if your so worried about the exchange rate and any military action in Syria might have on it. Personally I would wait and exchange the funds in Thailand

It does look like military action will be avoided so things look stable for the moment.

Last week the Euro drop nearly .86% on one day due to concerns on syria and frances involvement in the strikes.

I've never seen one of these super rich exchange boots. Its been about 18 months since i've been in thailand so perhaps they were not open then.

It does look like military action will be avoided so things look stable for the moment.

Last week the Euro drop nearly .86% on one day due to concerns on syria and frances involvement in the strikes.

I've never seen one of these super rich exchange boots. Its been about 18 months since i've been in thailand so perhaps they were not open then.

Google super rich and you can see where the locations are