So Where Can I Work Out?

So im not really fat or anything but now that Im in Samui I figuered that I should work off this little beer belly and try to work on buidling up my muscles a bit.

This is going to mean a diet change as well as working out.

Where are the gyms located and what are the fees involved?

Is it possible to find a personal trainer here?

So im not really fat or anything but now that Im in Samui I figuered that I should work off this little beer belly and try to work on buidling up my muscles a bit.

My favourite Samui gym is World Gym. Coming from Maenam to Chaweng on the main island road it's on your right some way before you get to south Chaweng. There's a large sign that's wuite easy to spot.

It is about 120 bahtper day, but you get cheaper monthly/weekly deals. I favour it because it's a good weight training gym with plenty of free weights. It does have some cardio equipment too though to help burn off the pounds.

There's also a gym in Lamai and a new gym in Meanam and some of the exclusive hotels would probably have fitness centres. Personally, I use the gym for weights but a great way to keep trim is running along the beach (Maenam in my case) early in the morning.

Man, I don't really know how to give you directions. I can't remember where to turn off the ring road. But it is at the West end of Maenam, and just off the ring road about 100m closer to the beach. As you are driving through Maenam from Bophut towards Nathon, then just before the end of Maenam you will see a sign (I think) that says Gym and an arrow pointing to the right. Take the time to find it though.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

look up crossfit on the web