Is this allowed?

Quick query, can I do this? I am a UK citizen.

Arrive in Thailand (Bangkok) by air and get my 30 day visa exemption stamp, stay approx 6 days then travel to Laos, Vietnam & Cambodia for approx 4 weeks before re-entering Thailand via a land crossing from Cambodia with a 15 day visa exemption stamp? As I am staying a few nights in Bangkok once again before flying home. I will be in south east Asia for 35 days, and in Thailand for approx 8-9 days in total, re-entering the once.

I just wanted to make sure I did not have to apply before I went for a multiple entry tourist visa costing £50 for 2 entries to the country from the embassy in Hull.

Many thanks!

The only fly in the ointment is that unless you intend flying to your next destination (and already have your tickets) you may have issues boarding your first flight in London.

Requirement for a visa exempt entry into Thailand is proof of onward air travel within 30 days, immigration never check, but your airline might.

Chances are they won't bother being as the total trip is only 35 days. But for a hassle-free vacation it may be wise to book your return ticket to be within 30 days, then change the flight date once in Thailand (or get a single entry visa).

wow, never realized that u can travel now all the way to Laos by train.

and not expensive as well

night train only 11, 1/2 hours!!!

http://www.seat61.com/Laos.htm#Bangkok%20to%20Vientiane

You can get ur laos visa and Cambodia via on arrival ( $35 and $20-1,000 baht)

Make sure u apply for a visa in advance online ( or via embassy) for Vietnam as no visas on arrival issued

"Yeah we are going via train into Laos. So maybe apply for a tourist visa 1 entry for when we first land then get the 15 day visa exemption stamp when entering Cambodia as we have a flight booked out of Thailand".
Seems a somewhat confused tale !

Why?

We are travelling from Thailand to Laos by train so when I rang the Thailand embassy in Hull they said we needed to apply for a tourist visa as we had no flight out of the country.

As we have a flight booked home 5 weeks later, when we re-enter the country through Cambodia having travelled around S.E.Asia, we can get the visa exemption.

Seems they like you to have proof of a flight to allow you the visa exemption. Not going to risk it for £25ish when the trip is costing a LOT more.