Non-imm O Visa From Uk

Hi, I'm looking to head over for Thailand for some time (to spend time with my Thai girlfriend).

I was wondering if someone could help me with regards to visa types (apologies if this has been asked before). I have looked on the Thai Consulate's page in the UK, and it says an 'O' Visa is for visits to relatives/friends.

Could I apply for a Non-Immigrant 'O' Visa (Multiple Entry)? Would I be likely to be successful?

If not, then is the 6 month double entry Tourist Visa my best option?

I've saved enough money to live on for some time (but not enough to invest the 3M Baht).

Oh, and I'm 25 (so definitely rules out retirement visa). I'm a British Citizen.

Thanks in advance,

John.

Edited by JCCR6

I've got another question about the Visa start date, on the guidelines for the Non-Immigrant 'O' it says the validity is 12 months from the date of issue. Is the date of issue the day I receive the visa, or is it the date that I put on the form to say the date I'm arriving in Thailand?

I'm just wondering if I can apply for the visa now (I'm not planning to travel until June) and get a full 12 months out of it, or would I need to wait until a few days before I travelled to get the maximum duration?

Sorry if this has been asked before.. or its obvious - I'm a slightly confused about it.

TIA

The start date of a visa is normally when it is approved. There is no harm in requesting a later start date, but it would be up to them to grant it or not. Failing this, you can apply a short time before traveling. However, give them time to process the visa and you time to provide additional documentation should they ask for them.

Edited by vinny