Bobber

eezergood

first is what size cc are you wanting, common sizes are 400, 600, and larger.. second is new or used bike ( there are alot of posts about buying each type) third might be the availabliity of bobber parts for the brand of bike you get and/or having to adapt sheet metal parts from one brand to the other) last thing i can think of is having parts imported into thailand for your build and the procedures you need to do.

personally I bought a new Kaw 900 vulcan and accessorized into a cruiser (had many parts shipped into BKK)

• Like 1

The advantage is with ape hangers you can be sure your shopping bags, when hung, will clear the top of the tank!

I want to say something in support of "apehangers", The most control you can have with handlebars are when they are at shoulder height and most handlebars are situated below the that. above that then it becomes more dangerous.becuse when you "steer" the bike you are actually pushing on the bars.

thanks for listening to my theory

The advantage is with ape hangers you can be sure your shopping bags, when hung, will clear the top of the tank!

I want to say something in support of "apehangers", The most control you can have with handlebars are when they are at shoulder height and most handlebars are situated below the that. above that then it becomes more dangerous.becuse when you "steer" the bike you are actually pushing on the bars.

^ We all know ape hangers are daft, but that's what he wants.

If it was me, I'd chop up a Honda Phantom or for something that has an ounce of originality, I'd make a chopper out of an MSX-150.

Honda Bros? CB400? An old Goldwing?

WHAT?!?!?! That is NOT the case- not even close. Pushing on low-mounted bars (called 'counter-steering') is the best and most stable way to get your bike around a corner.

There is a lot of info out there- great books, training videos, etc- please educate yourself a bit if you're on two wheels.

• 2 weeks later...