best computer repair shop for data recovery?

sarab00n

my iomega external hard drive crashed last year when we were living in BKK and i kept it to see if i might be able to recover some data from it one day. it is unrecognized when plugged into a computer either from the usb or directly connecting the hard disc. now we are settled in CM i want to try and find a computer repair shop that could do it. i have no hope for repairing the hard drive just want to see if i can get any data and pics off it, it would require some skill and the place we took it too at pantip last week called "magic service" couldn't do it. Any suggestions?

I sent my hard drive to a russian guy in Phuket and after 6 weeks he said he couldnt do anything with it and never returned it either, it was supposed to be a very reputable firm that operates around the world too. The hard drive was still under warranty but the manufacturers would only replace it not save any onfo from it, wouldnt be surprised if the guy actually returned it and got the replacement for himself, I lost 18 months of important information, lesson learnt.

Thank you so much for the above recommendations - my husband is thai and i speak thai so english speaking is not necessary, I should have mentioned that, i will give suchart a call first i think. exactly seajae - lesson learned huh? it contains photos from my whole life, but i am now incredibly grateful for being such a facebook addict in past years as there are a good chunk of them on there. at least this happened before i had my son as id be a lot more upset if i lost pics of him. keep important things saved in multiple places is the lesson!

*I should have asked just as a heads up about how much did the recovery cost for your hard drive dave2?

Edited by sarab00n