How much a price difference for a .22 & a 9mm here in LOS ?

Holysteel

Now..dun start a ridiculous war going back & forth & vice versa about this and that. About what is right or wrong & left. or if you need a gun you should move to a better neighbourhood..... ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Im not buying for myself. Just trying to advise someone close on the best selection of purchasing a firearms.

We are narrowing down to a 9mm model. So the questions is this as the below. Kindly chip in information if known.

- What are the price difference for a 9mm handgun & a .22 handgun? Are they priced the same? I only know a 9mm is apprx 110,500 baht (Civilian) Whats for .22?

- If chosen a 9mm model handgun. Is there a conversion .22 kit available just like in the US? Whereby u can just swap the intended caliber barrel? Or this is not allowed in Thailand?

- What are the price for a box of 9mm rounds & a box of .22 rounds here in Thailand? Let take it they are the same brand. Remington, Winchester, CCI, whatever.

Cant call up the gun shops and ask. They are not really keen to assist phone enquiry & cant go directly to the gun shops either for a hands on feel. I dun live in Central Bangkok.

Thanks. All information appreciated.

9mm over .22 all day long, but, what's it needed for?

Its for training competition. .22 will be more affordable to train draws, holster speed and so on. Correcting form & posture. Before moving to a larger caliber.

To Stoneyboy. If we would want to use it and shoot someone. I would not ask opinion for a legal registered gun details. I would use a untraceable black market gun from any Somchai or his pet dog, just like the Thais gangsters do.

Jeez..have some brains. To use a registered Thai gun is like digging your own grave & inviting a postcard to BIBs to have a piss in your face. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz This country is not totally lawless as you think it is.

And NO this is not for me god dam_n it. Its for a local Thai person ! Im just trying to assist on his selection. Zzzzzzzzz.

• Like 1

9mm over .22 all day long, but, what's it needed for?

Its for training competition. .22 will be more affordable to train draws, holster speed and so on. Correcting form & posture. Before moving to a larger caliber.

To Stoneyboy. If we would want to use it and shoot someone. I would not ask opinion for a legal registered gun details. I would use a untraceable black market gun from any Somchai or his pet dog, just like the Thais gangsters do.

Jeez..have some brains. To use a registered Thai gun is like digging your own grave & inviting a postcard to BIBs to have a piss in your face. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz This country is not totally lawless as you think it is.

And NO this is not for me god dam_n it. Its for a local Thai person ! Im just trying to assist on his selection. Zzzzzzzzz.

Any decent person would have made an opening post such as this,without all the obfuscation and garbage.

I have a close Thai friend who is an avid gun fan,he partakes in competitions on a regular basis and is in need of some advice as to which gun he should pursue as he is uncertain as to what might suit him best in upcoming competitions,I am trying to assist where possible and seek the advice of forum members regarding the cost of various calibre's and models.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Trollish topic with trollish writing.

The ironic thing is my next door neighbour is a Policeman and competitive shooter at the military range up the road,he has a huge selection of guns and I could have asked his advice and even give your friend his number.

Not likely.

Surely then, he can call the gun shops at Pahurat... Or have him go ask a policeman... duh...

Edited by toybits

Kindly read original post:

- What are the price difference for a 9mm handgun & a .22 handgun? Are they priced the same? I only know a 9mm is apprx 110,500 baht (Civilian) Whats for .22?

- If chosen a 9mm model handgun. Is there a conversion .22 kit available just like in the US? Whereby u can just swap the intended caliber barrel? Or this is not allowed in Thailand?

- What are the price for a box of 9mm rounds & a box of .22 rounds here in Thailand? Let take it they are the same brand. Remington, Winchester, CCI, whatever.

Cant call up the gun shops and ask. They are not really keen to assist phone enquiry & cant go directly to the gun shops either for a hands on feel. I dun live in Central Bangkok.

Thanks. All information appreciated.

That apply to Thais as well.

I'd say jump straight in at 9mm, I've never seen the point in .22 having shot it quite a bit. I buy simple lead ball for around 800 baht a box. You can get Czech for around 2k.

I understand the arguement for a complete beginner going .22, but in my experience unnecessary.

But, is your friend a man or woman?

A range day for your friend to find out is probably best.

• Like 1

Buy one of each and let us all know which one is best.......I wait to hear the results. I could send you some rice soup to the prison you end up in

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........... *yawns*

wait and see sir,,,,,,,,,,,guns are trouble and dont tell zzzzzzzzzzzz
are you the boss??? i live in my world very happy

I don't think this is an American writing. I'm not even sure English is his first language. Information about guns in the US, ie .22lr conversion is readily available on the internet.

Yes a farang can get a license to own and carry a handgun in LOS. It is legal but difficult and requires some tea money to both a high ranking police office and the Amphur, or just the Amphur if you have the connections.

The license is to carry just one gun, and only for one person. They engrave their own number in the gun to trace it to you in their records.

The Glock .22 conversion costs about 1/2 what a gun costs, and IMHO isn't therefore worth it. I'd want one or the other or both.

Ammunition is scarce right now, even in the US and therefore expensive. I can't imagine what it would cost in LOS so you'd have to ask. Last I checked a box of 50 9mm fully jacketed was triple what it was in the US, and that was about 3,000 baht per box.

9mm is the official NATO caliber, made in many countries so you might find some but only a store could quote a price.

You need to get to know a policeman who could take you to a store and ask about prices.

Whatever you do don't own or even borrow one illegally. Borrowing is illegal. I hear Thai prisons suck, and I don't ever want to find out.

I'd say jump straight in at 9mm, I've never seen the point in .22 having shot it quite a bit. I buy simple lead ball for around 800 baht a box. You can get Czech for around 2k.

I understand the arguement for a complete beginner going .22, but in my experience unnecessary.

But, is your friend a man or woman?

A range day for your friend to find out is probably best.

Finally ! *Hallelujah* Its a Thai guy. He initially planning to get a CZ SP-01 9mm for the training. But was afraid that the price of the 9mm rounds would affect him to train to his maximum ability. He is just starting out. Have never own a handgun before. Is just starting to get into this competition thing recently only after playing with the range in house gears.

Now he want a personal gun for his own sporting use to really dedicate to this sport. IPSC to be really exact.

Im just trying to help him on making a choice, since he asked me for a opinion. Thats all folks. Even if he did not get an opinion from me. Its not end of the world for him. But i do not want to lose face, would't i ?

Err go back and read your opening sentence it's appears its you who is the SOB who started it, with an opening like that what did you expect was going to happen.....and if all your opening remarks are like that one can well understand why you are getting smart arse answers

Go take a hike mate. All is well. Leave my thread alone. Thanks in advance.

I am not all the things you have mentioned

Myself i hate guns ok from an experience in my life before

Alexander. Problem with you is. You failed to read my topic clearly. And jump to conclusion that i am getting the gun for myself .

This is the 3rd or 4th i am saying. And will say it again.

ITS NOT MY GUN !!!! I AM NOT GETTING ONE & NEVER COULD I GET ONE IN MY DREAM HERE IN LOS. Clear enough?

So just curious. What happen to you? What bad experiences did you have with guns ?

"Its for training competition. .22 will be more affordable to train draws, holster speed and so on. Correcting form & posture" If you are actually going to use it as stated, I would get a Ruger 357 magnum single six. The weight of the gun is right and it will fire 38 caliber rounds, which are cheaper. Don't buy any firearms in Thailand as they are very expensive and handguns are very difficult to buy legally.

I own a CZ SP-01 Tactical here in the USA. Excellent pistol with very managable recoil. It is a very good choice and I would highly recommend it (stay away from the .22). What is the cost of a CZ SP-01 in Thailand (I am just curious, in the USA it costs about $600 USD)?