Even here

dreetje

I was surfing around on the dtac site,then i noticed this???http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/Happy-internet-package.html.

The prices for internet in english,very good i tought.But when u go to top off this page,u see a thai flag to get the site in thai language.I tryed it out just to look.And i saw to my surprise,that the data,the speed (after ur date package use)was not same, and there was even 1 more option for thai people.Why is this?I am the same customer as a thai customer,but i get less for for same prices??!!When a provider in europe would do this,they would be brought to court is my opinion on this,but here it is a countyspread game,suck that farang emptie literally and figuratively,when would this stop?Or do i missed something that i not understand on this?

It looks like both the Thai and English language pages almost, nearly align now? (The FuP speed still shows as 64 Kbps on the English page for the ** denoted plans and 128 Kbps on the Thai-page, but most Thai forums suggest that the new default FuP speed is 128 Kbps, and the activation codes are different, perhaps in an effort to track origin/customer?)

I think DTAC/Happy launched new plans/promotions during the first week of this month, changed the Thai pages first, then changed the English-language pages a few days later. It's not clear to me that this was some sort of deliberate scam meant to suck you dry, but every foreigner here has a different definition of that word, and seems to feel slighted at even the most imperceptible actions.

I think you can always use the Thai-page activation code if there is a preferential difference. And if you have an old/existing plan simply cancel it a few days before it is set to automatically renew, then re-subscribe to the new plan.

Probably just a case of DTAC not putting anywhere near the same amount of effort in their English language pages as their Thai language pages. To a point I can't blame them as I expect 95% of their customers are Thai's. I see the same issue on most Thai web sites. That's why I always look at the Thai language pages also with Google Translate turned on...sometimes Google Translate can do a pretty good job in translating the pages; other times it can't because the pages are graphics based.