Urgent Need for O-negative blood at Rajavej Hospital

NancyL

Just received a call from Grace, one of the new members of the customer service team at Rajavej Hospital about an urgent need for O-negative blood for a patient at the hospital. O-negative is more common for people of European descent vs. Asians. Thus, the appeal here on Thai Visa.

Rajavej is the hospital across from the Holiday Inn hotel on the east side of the river. It's a very pleasant, caring hospital and the folks there are easy to work with. Plus, parking isn't impossible like at other hospitals! I'm sure it will be an easy process to donate blood. If you have O-negative blood and wish to donate please call Grace at 085 695 5831.

re

If you have O-negative blood

@nancyl and joop50

i went to ram this morning to ask what my blood group was as they have my records from a stroke

and it wasnt o negative but the lady said i couldnt donate even if i was coz

she said nicely ...at 64 your too old sad.png

its official ! .. im old sad.png

but i had no idea that old farts like me cant donate blood sad.png

dave2 .... sob sob .. im past it ..

the end is nigh .... now wheres that

#ucking walking stick smile.png

post-42592-0-57756000-1378890232_thumb.j

Edited by dave2

I gave regularly in Canada. The limit was 65 but I think just before I left they raised it to 70. I believe it was every 59 days I could give.

There should be a place where people who qualify can give. Not sure of the age limit here in Thailand. Like my sister pointed out to me People with a rare blood type could be in big trouble here in Thailand. On another thread Tywas said that only .03% of the Asians have RH negative. I met a fellow the other day from Oz and he said he had to give his blood before they could operate on him because he has AB RH negative it dosen't get much rarer than that.

• Like 1