Monk killed for his gold amulets

Lite Beer

Monk killed for his gold amulets
By Coconuts Bangkok

13789061071378906208l.jpg?itok=Sk6SYqCc

Monk, Phra Chaliao Dharmwaro, was killed at his temple residence in Ayutthaya Province for his gold amulets. The monk’s home had been ransacked and a number of gold amulets taken.

The 92-year-old was found dead in Wat Tarn En Temple with his necklace round his neck but the amulet was missing from the locket.

Read More: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/09/12/monk-killed-his-gold-amulets

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-09-12

I would hazard a guess that they will sell the amulets and they think the money will bring them luck.

Of course, if the police publish photos of the amulets, nobody is going to buy them. They are definitely not a good luck charm any longer.

I'm not saying this is not a disgraceful crime. However TIT and I have my doubts if it is such a bright idea to wear an expensive necklace at the age of 92 even as a monk.

Why ? Must we all hide, or should we not live our own life as we want to live it..

• Like 1

I'm not saying this is not a disgraceful crime. However TIT and I have my doubts if it is such a bright idea to wear an expensive necklace at the age of 92 even as a monk.

Why ? Must we all hide, or should we not live our own life as we want to live it..

In a perfect world, yes. But unfortunately this isn't a perfect world and we have to be careful.

• Like 2

In a perfect world, yes. But unfortunately this isn't a perfect world and we have to be careful.

Not me, nooooooooooooo sireeeeeeee. Someone wants to take me out or rob me, OK. Can happen anywhere, any time, but I will NOT live my life in fear of gobshits.

• Like 1

The story says he was killed. Not murdered?

He was "killed" at his temple residence, ...then it switches to being found dead in Wat Tarn Temple, ...then it switches to being close to his residence, ...then it implies being found outside his residence, on the ground, below the window that he was thrown through, from the inside of his residence.

Unless I am mistaken, and it was not "The Hulk" who entered his apartment and threw him quite a ways,then something does not mesh right here. But it gets even more murky...

The deceased' age is 92 years. 92 years!!!

The living alledge that a 92 year old man "fought" with his assailant?

And then they alledge he was thrown through a window and all that was evident is some bruising on his head and right shoulder. Most 92 year old people I know turn purple for days at any spot on their body that gets relatively strong pressure, much less being grabbed or clinched with hands when in combat.

How does a 92 year old man:

A] fight with someone

B] get manhandled

C] get thrown through a window

D] make a hard impact on the ground

...and only come away with a bruise on his head and right shoulder?

No blood, no scrapes, no cuts, nothing. Only isolated bruising.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I smell a rat here, and that is a fact.

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 2

The story says he was killed. Not murdered?

He was "killed" at his temple residence, ...then it switches to being found dead in Wat Tarn Temple, ...then it switches to being close to his residence, ...then it implies being found outside his residence, on the ground, below the window that he was thrown through, from the inside of his residence.

Unless I am mistaken, and it was not "The Hulk" who entered his apartment and threw him quite a ways,then something does not mesh right here. But it gets even more murky...

The deceased' age is 92 years. 92 years!!!

The living alledge that a 92 year old man "fought" with his assailant?

And then they alledge he was thrown through a window and all that was evident is some bruising on his head and right shoulder. Most 92 year old people I know turn purple for days at any spot on their body that gets relatively strong pressure, much less being grabbed or clinched with hands when in combat.

How does a 92 year old man:

A] fight with someone

B] get manhandled

C] get thrown through a window

D] make a hard impact on the ground

...and only come away with a bruise on his head and right shoulder?

No blood, no scrapes, no cuts, nothing. Only isolated bruising.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I smell a rat here, and that is a fact.

I do see your point. When my dad died in his sleep (UK), he had one of those things you keep pound coins in, always with him. It went missing rolleyes.gif after the ''authorities'' attended his flat. Also a very special item of which I have the matching pair. sad.png

my problem is with a religion that values gold so much , i think it reflects onto the Thai people and another reason why most Thais seem to have a never ending thirst for money regardless how it is made , why does a monk need gold ? goes against religious ethics IMO . Sad story though and another needless crime of greed in LOS, ........RIP.

• Like 2

my problem is with a religion that values gold so much , i think it reflects onto the Thai people and another reason why most Thais seem to have a never ending thirst for money regardless how it is made , why does a monk need gold ? goes against religious ethics IMO . Sad story though and another needless crime of greed in LOS, ........RIP.

Monks during their life are given all sorts of stuff, including Gold from folk who can afford it for ''their'' future.

Not me, nooooooooooooo sireeeeeeee. Someone wants to take me out or rob me, OK. Can happen anywhere, any time, but I will NOT live my life in fear of gobshits.

That's very commendable, but you're not some defenceless 92-year-old man. Live life how you want, but we have to be careful sometimes.

If my old granddad had an expensive gold chain, then I'd tell him to hide it away in public because there's a chance someone will try to take it, and maybe hurt you in the process. Again, it's sad that we have to do this but it's life.

Edited by rkidlad
  • Like 2

Although I think ANY religion is only a crutch for the feeble-minded I hate the idea of injuring or killing any person of that age.

Age and Buddhism used to be respected here, now people are killing old monks for gold and young monks (especially the defrocked one in Laos) are stealing from their community and money-laundering.

The rot of corruption set in long ago and is picking up speed, stemming from an unabated desire for money and power at any cost to the Thai people.

Unfortunately most Thai's don't see it as THEIR fault or problem.

• Like 2

Although I think ANY religion is only a crutch for the feeble-minded I hate the idea of injuring or killing any person of that age.

Age and Buddhism used to be respected here, now people are killing old monks for gold and young monks (especially the defrocked one in Laos) are stealing from their community and money-laundering.

The rot of corruption set in long ago and is picking up speed, stemming from an unabated desire for money and power at any cost to the Thai people.

Unfortunately most Thai's don't see it as THEIR fault or problem.

I can equate to your thought/post.