Best area to stay in Bangkok for bars/ go go's?

ryro88

To the OP ...

If you want the 'Patpong' experience, search for hotels on Silom or Sathorn Rd.

Soi Cowboy or NANA are both popular, and probably more so amongst the regulars to the Area.

Both are OK.

If you want NANA look for hotels in Sukhumvit Sois 1 - 20

If you want Soi Cowboy look for Hotels from say Sukhumvit Sois 10 - 36

If you wish specific recommendations, then better give the Budget and length of stay.

My sister is currently staying a week in Soi 11 ... also know as the 'Farang Soi'

I stayed last month in S33, Soi 33 Sukhumvit.

There's your answer, go no further or go to Pattaya, wow it will blow not just your mind.

I made a whirl wind tour of all the places mentioned last month, I can't recommend anything. They were all kinda sad. I use to think the Nana Hotel was the center of the universe.

Mongering ain't what it use to be? I don't know. It could just be me. A beautiful Thai wife could be clouding my perspective.

Never mind about BTS/MRT and all the hassle they involve, just set up base camp and book yourself into the Nana hotel.

For the poster above, next time try Ratchada, its like night and day.

What hassle? The BTS (sky train) and MRT (subway) are very modern, efficient and easy to use and make travel in BKK much easier.

Never mind about BTS/MRT and all the hassle they involve, just set up base camp and book yourself into the Nana hotel.

For the poster above, next time try Ratchada, its like night and day.

Just curious, as I am not even into the scene. I live in Ratchada but I am not aware of any area with gogo bars, just the area with the big massage parlors, do they have gogos inside? Just wondering because I only went to Patpong like 8 years ago, and occasionally go to Soi Cowboy to have a drink when a visit comes to visit me from Europe (good excuse for the girlfriend :-P), and both of those places look completely different to the massage area in Ratchada.

There is more to Ratchada than massage parlours.

RCA, although not on Ratchada is considered by some to be part of Ratchada.

On Ratchada itself, try round about 4/6/8 or 17.

Examples would be Cococabana or Pimp Twin Sister.

There are many bars and clubs, be aware if you want western style bars, this area isnt for you.

For posters asking about the hassles of the BTS, yes you are correct, I should have worded it better.

The problem (I have) with the BTS is its closing time, as another poster has already alluded to, coupled with the fact of trying to get a taxi back to where ever you came from, all the rip off taxis with no meter, or being quoted some ridiculous price just to go to On Nut for example.

Why not makes things easy and just stay in the heart of it all, no need for BTS or taxis.