100 Loiterers arrested by Pattaya Police

Rimmer

100 Loiterers arrested by Pattaya Police

beach-2.jpg
PATTAYA:--In the early hours of Thursday and in response to continuing incidents involving foreign tourists on Pattaya Beach, 100 women and Ladyboys were arrested there.

The group of 30 women and 70 Ladyboys were later charged with loitering which is a minor offence punishable by a fine of 100 Baht which the arrestees were more than happy to pay in exchange for their release.

We determined that the recent incident involving a British journalist and his friend who were allegedly drugged and robbed after meeting two women on the streets prompted the early morning operation
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/102356/100-loiterers-arrested-pattaya-police/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-09-12

The rate of Homosexuals to the ratio of straight women is crazy.I guess before you want to do something you have to ask them if they are A puying or A puchai.Then they might lie.

"you have to ask them if they are A puying or A puchai.Then they might lie."

I doubt they could fool someone with your clever strategy at the ready.

Why someone would feel compelled to pick up a freelancer of whatever sexual persuasion on Beach Rd in the first place is probably a question best left unexplored for the time being lest we cause strategy-overload.

Of course the question that must be asked, why the quick and decisive action by the BIB ? Is this because one of the victims of crime which preempted this action happens to be a British jouro, and Pattaya,s finest are worried about a report in a British newspaper....call me cynical if you wish

My past experence is that 90% are not gay!

But will do almost anything for money!

The customer knows what they are getting.

They gto where the business is!

Who is not gay?...the ladyboys?crazy.gif

For an extra 50 Baht they will be virgins too, so I'm informed.

Why don;'t the police just sell 'loitering permits' to the street players for 100 Baht a day?...maybe 2500 Baht per month? They'd make a lot more money, probably have a more efficient registration system and wouldn't have to waste their time with all this arresting and fining nonsense.

Edited by marell

My past experence is that 90% are not gay!

But will do almost anything for money!

The customer knows what they are getting.

They gto where the business is!

Who is not gay?...the ladyboys?crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif alt=crazy.gif width=20 height=27>

For an extra 50 Baht they will be virgins too, so I'm informed.

Yeah they leave their tights on the 50 baht covers breakages.

Den

The rate of Homosexuals to the ratio of straight women is crazy.I guess before you want to do something you have to ask them if they are A puying or A puchai.Then they might lie.

Katoeys are not homo sexuals, they are something completely different.

Is that nice enough said Mr Mario ?

• Like 1

100 baht. That'll teach 'em.

The only punishment of any consequence is losing half a nights work.

What should they be "punished" for? freelance prostitution is not illegal.

Loitering is the only thing the loiterers can be charged with, and 100 baht is the fine for it.

Wanting to suppress the "coconut bar" is kinda stupid and pointless from my point of view, but on the other hand these scoop ups make sure that at least one is unlikely to bump into wanted criminals on the beach.

I think it would be a better policy to assign a dozen officers on a rotational basis to the beach and to allow small bars to run business there in the night in exchange of a fee.

• Like 1

The round ups are to have these night stalkers recorded so that if one is involved later in the regular pick pocketing that goes on he/she may get identified from mug-shot books. It is also an opportunity to warn them about hassling passers-by. Some patrols are done by Thai and Foreign volunteers but they can't be everywhere all the time.

Some patrols are done by Thai and Foreign volunteers but they can't be everywhere all the time.

Maybe they could try to be at one place, one time, that would be a start. Or even real police could try patrolling.. crazy, I know.

Some patrols are done by Thai and Foreign volunteers but they can't be everywhere all the time.

Maybe they could try to be at one place, one time, that would be a start. Or even real police could try patrolling.. crazy, I know.

They are, almost every evening with power of arrest, currently patrolling between Soi 6 and Soi 13. Real police are on radio call.

You could volunteer to help if you feel strongly about it.

I feel very strongly about the need for police to patrol Beach Rd and maybe few other main tourist areas. There is zero police presence there, it is surprising street violence is as low as it is, but then again most theft and minor assaults probably go unreported.

Of course the question that must be asked, why the quick and decisive action by the BIB ? Is this because one of the victims of crime which preempted this action happens to be a British jouro, and Pattaya,s finest are worried about a report in a British newspaper....call me cynical if you wish

Pretty simple, the BiB needed beer money.