I cant beleive we have to suffer this

IrishIvan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with sidecars?

They cause tail-backs and are a pain-in-the-arse for other road users.

Probably the only thing motorbike and car drivers agree on.

Yes they generally drive really slow, are hard to get past & then push in front again at the next lights.

By "Law", these are illegal.

They are slow and are a pesky nuisance in already chaotic conditions.

Any Farang using this as a mode of transport should hang their head in shame.

It's reserved for junk collectors and BBQ chicken stick ladies.

It's mocking the nations poor by making it a novelty.

While I agree with this comment in principle, (and they are illegal, although the Phuket police superintendent stated publicly they would allow them if they were outfitted with lights) I sure found them to be handy when popping a few hundred meters down to the beach with dive gear when there is no room for cars or truck to park at either the shop or the beach, you can't beat it. Incredibly practical.

• Like 1

Much better if we all drive around in big hideous gas gobbling novelty cars from the fatherland huh.smile.png

Great way to get the family around

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif police-poipet-02-001-dsc_0342.jpg

I'm not against that form of use. Its for the poor and police turn a blind eye to them.

Farangs using it to cart scuba tanks and the old wife around should wake up.

You're breaking the law and have no insurance. Like to see the police have a field day with them and clean the roads up.

• Like 2

I'm not against that form of use. Its for the poor and police turn a blind eye to them.

You're breaking the law and have no insurance. Like to see the police have a field day with them and clean the roads up.

Using one for scuba tanks or taking the dogs to the beach doesn't really bother me, although you won't catch me doing it! But then there are some around during high season with all the flags, the old lady and a stereo system, thinking they are "cool"! I told my wife, if you ever see me wanting to buy something like that, please shoot me! Or a least slap me back into my senses!

• Like 1

While I agree with this comment in principle, (and they are illegal, although the Phuket police superintendent stated publicly they would allow them if they were outfitted with lights)  I sure found them to be handy when popping a few hundred meters down to the beach with dive gear when there is no room for cars or truck to park at either the shop or the beach, you can't beat it. Incredibly practical. 

Convenient for you. Inconvenient for everyone else trapped behind you

You always claim this, and I have corrected you many times already.

Insurance for the sidecars is the same as for a standard motorbike.

While I agree with this comment in principle, (and they are illegal, although the Phuket police superintendent stated publicly they would allow them if they were outfitted with lights) I sure found them to be handy when popping a few hundred meters down to the beach with dive gear when there is no room for cars or truck to park at either the shop or the beach, you can't beat it. Incredibly practical.

Yes, agree they are very practical.

But no, there is always room to park at the beach where you go diving.

I cant beleive we have to suffer this....its so inconvenient, i feel sooo trapped oh my god!!!

So pesky and slow already.... Seriously i really do object also...the humiliation....giggle.gif

post-169941-0-79674800-1379135160_thumb.

Edited by andreandre
  • Like 1

While I agree with this comment in principle, (and they are illegal, although the Phuket police superintendent stated publicly they would allow them if they were outfitted with lights)  I sure found them to be handy when popping a few hundred meters down to the beach with dive gear when there is no room for cars or truck to park at either the shop or the beach, you can't beat it. Incredibly practical. 

I cant beleive we have to suffer this....its so inconvenient, i feel sooo trapped oh my god!!!

So pesky and slow already....  Seriously i really do object also...the humiliation....Posted Image

You obviously dont drive a car. Id just be happy to go 60 or 70kpm unhindered. Is that too much to ask?

So pesky and slow already.... Seriously i really do object also...the humiliation....giggle.gif

You obviously dont drive a car. Id just be happy to go 60 or 70kpm unhindered. Is that too much to ask?

You obviously dont drive a car. ..[Wrong!!] biggrin.png

Id just be happy to go 60 or 70kpm unhindered.....[ Nothing to stop you if conditions are right!!] whistling.gif

Is that too much to ask? {Not at all..see above} rolleyes.gif

IMO you're making a mountain out of a molehill......its not a big deal at all in the overall scheme of things here. coffee1.gif