clinics for blood tests in BKK

SanukDii

Hi All,

I am looking for a clinic in Bangkok (Not Bumrungrad or Samitivej) that will perform some standards blood tests for me.

Specifically I want to check my testosterone levels as well as a PSA test for Prostate.

Can anybody recommend somewhere? Tired of being gouged by Bumrungrad but will do Samitivej in a pinch.

Thanks in advance

I would be wary of any stand alone clinics in Bkk....especially for a testosterone level.

The "go to" private hospitals for lower priced but still solid care in Bkk are: St Louis (Sathorn), Bkk Christian (Silom) , Camellian (Thonglor) (all 3 are non-profit), Phyathai 1, 2 and 3 (medium sized private hosp popular with middle class Thais - Phyathai 2 is convenient to Victory Monument). Thonburi Hospital has both attractive pricing and some very good doctors but is on the other side of the river. Vejthani is usually pretty reasonable too but is up in Lad Prao area.

If all you want is blood tests as a follow up rather than a consultation you can try going straight to the health screening/check up depts of one of these Hospitals -- whichever is most convenient for you -- and asking there. Some will let you do this for just an isolated test(s) apart from a checkup package and some won't, but rather insist you see a doctor. Varies with the hospital. Anyhow their consultation fees are less than at Bumrungrad and Samitivej. Or, if it has been a while since you had a lipid panel etc, could do a low end check up package and add on the testosterone.

If you do need a consultation with a doctor to evaluate the test results then that changes the equation a bit and need to chose the doctor.