SIM card recommendations?

buddhaland

I use Dtac(happy), depends what you want to use it for, I dont use internet on mine at all but have the option to if I want. I just use it for local/international calls/messages and its cheap and easy to refill online or at any 7/11.

• Like 1

Very good advice to try them all (AIS, DTAC, True). Not the least if you are going to live at the same place for an extended period of time and want to use your device for wifi/data access at your place.

I live in the middle of Bangkok - although somewhat offcenter - and well within all providers' socalled coverage areas for whatever they offer. I have a True Move H sim in my smartphone and an AIS sim in an aircard for my netbook. Despite my supposedly good location there isn't any True wifi within range but there is AIS wifi within range (although extremely slow).

Apparently, the maps of socalled coverage areas are like the flood-maps we saw in 2011 - lots of dry spaces within the solidly colored areas.

• Like 1

Wish I could find a Thai sim with reasonable international roaming rates for calls and text..

I use my thai sim roaming around asia and usa the rates are killer....

isn't it better to opt for an unlimited plan for that purpose? I believe Skype has an unlimited plan for all calls to the US for $7/month

you only need a good internet connection

• Like 1