My CTH Rant

wineman

My experience with CTH so far has convinced me that its management gave little thought to the logistics of efficiently running a cable/satellite television company .

Although it advertises a program guide that can be called up "live", it is practically empty. Of the few that are shown in the "guide", there is usually no.information.

It advertises channels that it does not have, History for one.

The other day I called 1619 on my mobile to talk about a problem with channel 202 (CI). I was told to dial 9 for English, which I did immediately. What did I get? A robot voice talking in Thai!!!!! I eventually got to speak to someone, but her English was non-existant! I passed my mobile to my Thai wife, however, she soon gave up because she couldn't get the woman to understand what the problem was (and that in Thai!). Problem solved? Of course not.

Programs frequently break up, especially late evening. For me the main culprits are channel 36 (Fox Action Movies HD) and 202 (CI), but I'd bet there are many others. I also want to tell Service (ha! ha!) that the sound on channel 36 is very faint, but I've given up on that.

On CTH's cite there is a "Contact Us" button. Click on that to send an email. Doesn't work, all you will get is an error message. Tried at least a dozen times.

My wife managed to actually speak to someone this morning. She told her what I wanted to talk about. The woman said she would speak to someone and call us back immediately. Needless to say, she has not.That was 60 minutes ago. During their earlier conversation my wife was told that CTH does not have an email address. Also, that CTH does not have enough English speakers. I'm not surprised, there must be many, many subscribers trying to get help/complain.

So, if you're thinking of using CTH, but are not bothered about being able to watch EPL football, it may be better to stay with your present supplier.

This was posted on their Facebook site today. Maybe you could try contacting them this way.

Dear all members if there is a problem in any payment experiences or suggestions, feedback, etc, please send name, address, or phone number and details to [email protected], which is the channel customer care team to coordinate. Manage to serve members in addition to the call center.

• Like 1

I think you will find that most new subscribers to CTH wouldn't give it a second glance if it didn't carry the EPL,I know I wouldn't .

Of the channels that they carry I watch mostly Sky News and the odd cooking show,it's fine if you like to watch nonsense US programmes on channels such as Fox Crime,Sony,or Universal but I can't stick these American shows personally.

I've retained my True Platinum subscription as a result and am just glad that CTH don't charge as much.

I can't complain about picture quality as its thus far been very good,rain fade has been a problem in the past days but is expected here.

Fox Action Repeat movies is a joke as every time I put that on its a repeat from the night or day before.

Given the initial cost and monthly subscription cost I find it reasonable value for money and have had no experience with customer services whatsoever so can't comment on that.

As long as they show me West Ham every week with English commentary I will be a happy punter.

• Like 2

I agree with Stoneyboy on this one. I would not have considered CTH if it had not been for the EPL coverage and to be fair they promised all the EPL games with English commentary and they have provided just that.

I personally also like Sky News, Ci, NGA, NGW and some of the movie channels, so happy with the service overall. Luckily I have had no technical issues up to now, but I am aware that others have not had a good experience.

• Like 2

Thanks Bangkokrick, will give that a go.

This was posted on their Facebook site today. Maybe you could try contacting them this way.

Dear all members if there is a problem in any payment experiences or suggestions, feedback, etc, please send name, address, or phone number and details to [email protected], which is the channel customer care team to coordinate. Manage to serve members in addition to the call center.

Good luck mate.

• Like 1

Broadcast/cable TV is so last century...the internet and its streaming and torrent downloading is the only way to go.

Only for those with a fast Internet connection, which in Thailand is about as rare as rocking horse shit.

Anywhere in Pattaya, including way out on the Darkside, super fast broadband service is available for less than B 1k per month.

• Like 1

Broadcast/cable TV is so last century...the internet and its streaming and torrent downloading is the only way to go.

Only for those with a fast Internet connection, which in Thailand is about as rare as rocking horse shit.

Anywhere in Pattaya, including way out on the Darkside, super fast broadband service is available for less than B 1k per month.

In my experience its super fast within Thailand and very average internationally. Try a speed check against a foreign server.

Not trying to hijack the thread just making a point. As most games are provided by overseas servers it is not always easy to get a good stream, maybe because of stability?

I think that CTH is a good value for money option for watching the EPL.

Vientiane server

2965751470.png

UK server

2965748079.png

Edited by bangkokrick
  • Like 1

Yes, I mostly watch http://livesatellitetv.net/

very good picture... do have others like this...... sometime a big hit and miss, but is that connection or my old PC ?......, but then get rain on the Sat Dish and you get 'No Signal'

I watch on the big Plasma TV via HDMI cable from my PC......... Question.. are these dedicated boxes better ? appears they run on Android, see some say more than 8,000 channels from around the world ..Live and FREE...

Good luck mate.

Have emailed. Now, let's see what response I get.

where i lived before, ''way out on the darkside'' there was no phone lines, no cable TV or internet, no nothing,

true aircard was the only way to go

• Like 1

Of course it depends how "way out on the darkside" you live. I live near the Noneprue intersection which is already quite far, and have half a dozen Internet options, including 3BB and TRUE DOCSIS. International bandwidth is generally abut 1.5 mbps per stream which is plenty for streaming TV.

I sorry to hear of your problems with CTH. I personally could not be happier with CTH. The customer service from the shop in Pattaya Tai is first class and the programmed that I can access so much better than Sophon cable and half the cost of Truevision. I suppose it's true that one man's meat is another's poison.

Happy watching!

I sorry to hear of your problems with CTH. I personally could not be happier with CTH. The customer service from the shop in Pattaya Tai is first class and the programmed that I can access so much better than Sophon cable and half the cost of Truevision. I suppose it's true that one man's meat is another's poison.

Happy watching!

I'm very happy with it as well apart from the fact that I can't seem to be able to pay for it and live in fear of being excommunicated!! Installers in Nernplubwaan took the money for deposit and installation but not for subscription. It's been over a month now and still nothing heard from CTH demanding their money. As with wineman I have been unable to contact them to query the situation by phone or email. Have now tried emailing on the address suggested above from their facebook site and in the meantime shall continue to watch the EPL free of charge! biggrin.png

No reply from CTH about my email to them yesterday at 2.00 pm Saturday 14/09/13.

Good luck mate.

Have emailed. Now, let's see what response I get.

It's always great when a new service is offered that farangs can have a good whinge about.. biggrin.png

totster smile.png

you must be one of those faring losers that accepts whatever crap service with a gormless smile.biggrin.png thais know a mug when they see one;)

Nice try !

totster smile.png

Anybody else's CTH go 'offline' around 20:30 tonight (Monday)?

All channels down.....frustrating doesn't even come close....if it weren't for the premierhip I wouldn't have it....

Get rid and get 365 sports. 600 baht a month.

Need over 3mb internet. Pretty much standard in Thailand. I share with next door and it never freezes. No problems at all.

• Like 1

Anybody else's CTH go 'offline' around 20:30 tonight (Monday)?

All channels down.....frustrating doesn't even come close....if it weren't for the premierhip I wouldn't have it....

Get rid and get 365 sports. 600 baht a month.

Need over 3mb internet. Pretty much standard in Thailand. I share with next door and it never freezes. No problems at all.

More than 3 MB ? I wish. I live 15 Km south of Pattaya - Ban Amphur. The only internet supply I have is from TOT. It's a good day when I get 3 MB. No other supplier will put in a cable to our village.

CTH for the EPL and Truevision for the Champions League are my only options. Anyway, using the internet would be difficult for late night matches. I can watch from from the comfort of my bed using an extra CTH and Truevision box.

CTH and True are not perfect but they are the only options.

Incidentally, as a note for other CTH users, today I received my first monthly bil. I bit miffed that I have to pay an extra 1 month's subscription as a deposit.

• 3 weeks later...