My truevisions rant

thainet

After the upgrade a few days ago the so-called great HD channel audio is crap.

CNN 164 has terrible audio, other channels cut out, but today is the ultimate.

The Setanta Rugby channel with one of the biggest games of the year has Thai commentary blotting out the english commentary--a f__ing mess.

With the CTH rant, and my rant it looks like technology is going backwards not forward.

I'm pissed.

• Like 1

History channel has had problems for ages ,sound cutting out ,honestly true is not good value ,they just keep repeating stuff that was shown a year or so ago.,we have gone down to gold ,but soon time to leave ,i get it all on the internet free anyway.

The sound problem on CNN HD has improved. Apparently (according to the email I received from True) the signal had to be re-boosted. You need to turn/off your box, to re-set.

The Thai language drowning the English commentary, even when the audio is set to English will hopefully be sorted soon. But people need to complain (email is easier and generally gets a response within 24 hours).

I also started to watch the All blacks v SA rugby match yesterday, the Thai comentary over the English was bloody annoying, & after the first half i gave up.... I did check my TV was set to English, but that made no diffrence.

I also tried to pay my monthly bill @ there office in Lotus in Pattaya nua on my Thai bank debit card like I've done many times before, the girl i got ran my card through the machine 4 or 5 times & nothing would happen eventually she said better I pay cash, I said better for u not me, I walked out & didn't pay, bloody useless.

After coming home a little later I tried to register with there web site to pay that way, did first stage easy enough, but then they ask for your service number & top of the bill which i put in, tried it few times & just wouldn't work, so also gave up.

I've also been having problebls with the sound on the History channel cutting out for few seconds quite regularly

I also started to watch the All blacks v SA rugby match yesterday, the Thai comentary over the English was bloody annoying, & after the first half i gave up.... I did check my TV was set to English, but that made no diffrence.

I also tried to pay my monthly bill @ there office in Lotus in Pattaya nua on my Thai bank debit card like I've done many times before, the girl i got ran my card through the machine 4 or 5 times & nothing would happen eventually she said better I pay cash, I said better for u not me, I walked out & didn't pay, bloody useless.

After coming home a little later I tried to register with there web site to pay that way, did first stage easy enough, but then they ask for your service number & top of the bill which i put in, tried it few times & just wouldn't work, so also gave up.

I've also been having problebls with the sound on the History channel cutting out for few seconds quite regularly

Why is it better for the clerk if you had paid cash? Seems like it would have been better for you as the bill would now be paid. I mean, how difficult would it have been to walk a few paces to an ATM and get the money? As it stands now, you'll have to make another trip to pay your bill...most likely in cash.

Seems to me you're just another cranky foreigner. Sum num na!

Why is it better for the clerk if you had paid cash? Seems like it would have been better for you as the bill would now be paid. I mean, how difficult would it have been to walk a few paces to an ATM and get the money? As it stands now, you'll have to make another trip to pay your bill...most likely in cash.

Why shouldn't they accept my Thai bank visa debit card, there offering a service, paying by that its as good as cash as money comes straight out of the a/c?

Just watching the replay of yesterday's NZ v SA match on Setanta, & commentary in English only thankfully!!

Edited by dickie58

Yes, True has it's problems now. But I do believe they are trying to improve their services overall. It just takes time. I agree that the True customer service representatives in the provinces can be quite ignorant and not helpful at all. When I have a problem with them not being able to answer my question, they simply tell me to call Bangkok. Not exactly the type of service one would expect. Fortunately, those in Bangkok seem to be quite capable, at least that's what I've experienced But, we westerners should remember that this is not the UK, Europe, USA or Australia, where services are much better. This is Thailand, a growing third world country. So, give these people a break. They are still learning how to be a country with high tech. They've got a long way to go, but they're at least trying!

• Like 1

Why shouldn't they accept my Thai bank visa debit card, there offering a service, paying by that its as good as cash as money comes straight out of the a/c?

Just watching the replay of yesterday's NZ v SA match on Setanta, & commentary in English only thankfully!!

Maybe the network was down or their card reader was not working...just making the point that sometimes we just have to be flexible, especially when it doesn't really cost us anything in time or money.

I had the same problem, doesn't bl**dy well work. Last time I complained about something (having to pay full whack after 12 days with no TV) I eventually got an 'I don't care' when I threatened to buy a satellite antenna.

Apart from that watching a snooker match commented on by Thais that obviously know nothing about the game can be frustrating also. 'Di', 'Mai di' and 'why he do that?' isn't what I expect. I can usually get most sports bilingually nut not always.

Edited by cooked

Yes, I had the same experience with the rugby however I changed the sound to dd+ from the English setting, just wanted to try anything to get away from the Thai commentary. I then got English but after 5 mi utes that also changed to Thai. Ithen changed back to English and I received the English commentary for the rest of the game.True have some problems I fear.

Regarding snooker Thai commentary I complained and was told it should always be in English but the program was about to end. Next time I called I was just told No English.Very frustrating because the English commentary really makes it so much enjoyable with little stories about tactics and past happenings.I am reluctant to cancel True as being in the Jungle the TV is about the only entertainment, I also like BBC World News.

Yes, True has it's problems now. But I do believe they are trying to improve their services overall. It just takes time. I agree that the True customer service representatives in the provinces can be quite ignorant and not helpful at all. When I have a problem with them not being able to answer my question, they simply tell me to call Bangkok. Not exactly the type of service one would expect. Fortunately, those in Bangkok seem to be quite capable, at least that's what I've experienced But, we westerners should remember that this is not the UK, Europe, USA or Australia, where services are much better. This is Thailand, a growing third world country. So, give these people a break. They are still learning how to be a country with high tech. They've got a long way to go, but they're at least trying!

So on that basis, if you buy a new house and it falls down, is that ok ? "At least they're still trying"

You buy a new car. The brakes fail and you crash and kill somebody, is that ok? "At least they're still trying"

If a multi-million baht company want to play with the "big-boys", they must act like the "big-boys" and provide a service which matches the cost of what they're providing.

• Like 1

So on that basis, if you buy a new house and it falls down, is that ok ? "At least they're still trying"

You buy a new car. The brakes fail and you crash and kill somebody, is that ok? "At least they're still trying"

If a multi-million baht company want to play with the "big-boys", they must act like the "big-boys" and provide a service which matches the cost of what they're providing.

Comparing a TV cable service that has it's problems to a house falling down or a car who's brakes fail is absurd. What you're quoting is classified as negligence. True Visions is perhaps somewhat incapable, but certainly not negligent. Also, True Visions doesn't want to play with the "big boys." They are the "big boy" in Thailand. Your only choice, if you don't like what they're providing, is to watch TV from the internet or forget about foreign TV shows in Thailand. Certainly CTH Cable isn't giving any competition to True Visions from what I've heard.

• Like 1

Are you for real?

This service has been around since 1998 under UBC ownership and management and it was an excellent service anf top value for money. It was right when Thais took over -true- that things started going south. But, hey, who knows, by 2030 they might, just might get it right.