Beware! Always check your receipts!

Pattayaparadise

More like dishonesty, glad to see that some farangs are dishonest,the same as some non farangs.I odnt buy the excuse also, 2 wrongs dont make a right.Do u drive on the pavement with a scooter,and say, well thais do it,do u drive on wrong side of the road for the same reason????

You are of course aware that there's nothing in the Thai highway code (Land traffic act) that prohibits motorbikes from driving on the pavement?

Section 43 (400-1000B)

No driver shall drive the vehicle:

a. while being incompetent to drive

b. while being intoxicated by liquor or other alcoholic drinks

c. in a manner that obstructs the traffic

d. with carelessness or recklessness which may cause danger to persons or property

e. in a manner not normally practiced in driving a vehicle or while unable to see the way in front or at the back or either/both sides clearly enough for safety

f. beyond or on the line dividing traffic lanes, except upon changing lanes, turning or turning around the vehicle

g. on a footpath without sufficient cause, except a baby-carriage or wheel-chair for sick or disabled persons

h. without thinking about the safety or suffering of other persons.

try section 43 g. Edited by harrry

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the suspense is dreadful, for godsake tell us at least the location of this supermarket!!!!!!!!!

Pattaya Klang

ah you mean the supermarket at the junction of pattaya klang and 2nd road, the name contains o-p-s-t

so no surprise! few time i have been to pattaya and been there, and yes i did notice a real awful service ...

No, no.. Not that one.. It's the one very close to Sukhumvit Road :)

the suspense is dreadful, for godsake tell us at least the location of this supermarket!!!!!!!!!

Pattaya Klang

ah you mean the supermarket at the junction of pattaya klang and 2nd road, the name contains o-p-s-t

so no surprise! few time i have been to pattaya and been there, and yes i did notice a real awful service ...

No, no.. Not that one.. It's the one very close to Sukhumvit Road smile.png

That is very strange, because that is the only supermarket in Pattaya where I've never been charged a wrong price. By the way, it's also I think the only supermarket in Pattaya that has a price sticker on most of their products.

• Like 1

Section 43 (400-1000B)

No driver shall drive the vehicle:

a. while being incompetent to drive

b. while being intoxicated by liquor or other alcoholic drinks

c. in a manner that obstructs the traffic

d. with carelessness or recklessness which may cause danger to persons or property

e. in a manner not normally practiced in driving a vehicle or while unable to see the way in front or at the back or either/both sides clearly enough for safety

f. beyond or on the line dividing traffic lanes, except upon changing lanes, turning or turning around the vehicle

g. on a footpath without sufficient cause, except a baby-carriage or wheel-chair for sick or disabled persons

h. without thinking about the safety or suffering of other persons.

try section 43 g.

We already discussed this, the keyword is "without sufficient cause". Essentially when people drive on the footpath it's because the road is congested, and it seems everybody agrees that is "sufficient cause" as I've never heard of anyone getting fined for that.

Just went to my local 8 Twelve.

Bought: 2 Magnums @40 baht each

2 Crisps @10 baht each

1 Crisps @20 baht

Total: 130 baht

Looked at the receipt. The 20 baht crisps were miraculously now 30 baht.

Went back to the display and removed the 20 baht plastic holder with the price ticket in.

Showed it to the till girl.

She laughed and still asked for 130 baht.

After refusing to pay this extra 10 baht, she called the manager.

The manager mumbled something in Thai.

At that point it was a complete stand-off.

I speak no Thai and the staff spoke no English.

I handed over 150 baht (2 notes).

Got only 20 baht back. My hand remained out, waiting for further 10 baht.

I waited and waited. Then a 10 baht coin was put in my hand by the till girl.

I then gave that 10 baht coin to the person behind me in the queue.

The point is, as I've seen in many posts in this thread, over-charging is rife.

It's random over-charging across the board.

On 3 different items I purchased, 1 was over-charged for.

And I don't think falangs are targeted for this mal-practice.

I see this happening more and more. I buy something from a shelf at an quoted price then find that i am charged more at the check out. It is always MORE i can't ever recall it being less so find it hard to believe these are "mistakes". It tends to be when they have a "special offer" with a reduced price on the ticket but no one obviously has changed the price in the computer.

Do u drive on the pavement with a scooter,and say, well thais do it,do u drive on wrong side of the road for the same reason????

Of course I do. When in Rome, eh.

When you live here at length, naturally you start picking up Thai habits, some of which are just awfully convenient. smile.png

In proportion to their respective numbers (note that proviso carefully) here, Thais drive better than farangs. But that's an old topic for another day.

Then there is an extra big supermarket where it happens very frequently, every other shopping trip I have at least one item that's priced wrong and never to the advantage of the customer, however I keep shopping there because if you notice it you get the item free. smile.png

Check again, they've changed the rules! Now they just refund you the difference (after you waste half an hour queueing up, explaining the problem, waiting for someone to check, etc etc)

Never had any problems with supermarkets or 7-eleven in Thailand and I do check the receipts every time , especially if I give them 1000 baht for change,

One time they gave me too much in change, a 500 baht note , and when I returned it the girl was very surprised and a bit embarrassed for it.

Now if it was inside a night club or in a bar things like this happens all the time and you really have to pay attention .

Then there is an extra big supermarket where it happens very frequently, every other shopping trip I have at least one item that's priced wrong and never to the advantage of the customer, however I keep shopping there because if you notice it you get the item free. smile.png

Check again, they've changed the rules! Now they just refund you the difference (after you waste half an hour queueing up, explaining the problem, waiting for someone to check, etc etc)

actually Phil, it was never the policy of that extra big supermarket, it was its predecessors policy , Fourcarre

actually Phil, it was never the policy of that extra big supermarket, it was its predecessors policy , Fourcarre

It was introduced by the former supermarket and the new tenant kept the policy, it was clearly stated on the big board at the bag drop, but they have recently changed it as Phil said.

This rule was only applicable in the branches they took over from their French competitor Nationwide, as I once had the pleasure to get some item free at the Chonburi branch as well.

I also had the honor to find that out actually 3 days after my post as I had 2 items that were incorrectly priced.

They informed me that they now had cancelled the " free when wrong priced" rule.

Edited by jbrain

A week ago I went to a Coco Xpress on BuaKhao to see if they had some big Chang Classic left.

No, but they had Leo. I checked the price with the cashier - 48b she said, like on the shelf.

I took 6 bottles, went back to cashier, price was now 54b.

Why?, because prices have gone up, but you just told me 48b !!

Mumbling in Thai.

LOL !!

Argumentative post removed. Enough of this petty bickering, everyone is getting very tired of it. Shall we just agree to disagree please and end it there.

Further stalking posts in this or another topic will be met with a posting suspension

• 4 weeks later...

Not only check your receipts but also check that you get what's on the label.

The other day I ordered 3kg fried boneless chicken breast from a supermarket halfway Pattaya klang, which advertises " free " cooking service.

We all know that microwaving chicken meat will make it to lose about 25% of it's weight.

My 3kg ended up to be 1637 gram only after light cooking, which mean it " lost " almost 50% of it's weight.

They were quite eager to adjust the price ticket when confronted.