Two soldiers killed, four injured in bomb attack

Lite Beer

SOUTH CRISIS
Two soldiers killed, four injured in bomb attack
The Sunday Nation

30214856-01_big.gif

Officials inspect a wrecked military truck hit by a bomb that left two soldiers dead and four others injured, in Pattani yesterday.

PATTANI: -- Two soldiers were killed and four others were injured in a bomb attack by suspected insurgents in Pattani's Khok Pho district yesterday, Napradu police inspector Pol Lt-Colonel Jamlong Suwalak said.

The explosion took place at around 11am while the six-strong team of Pattani Task Force 21 was travelling in a military unimog on a local road in Ban Tupa of Tambon Kuan Nori. The bomb killed Master Sergeant First Class Somkuan Kaewdee and Sergeant Cherd Srichamnong.

The four injured soldiers - identified as Corporal Narongchai Khasabai, Private Naruebate Meekrasae, Private Arthit Simma, and Private Tharin Pisin - were rushed to Khok Pho Hospital.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-09-15

There's good people and bad people everywhere.I remember once when the I.R.A performed one of their spectaculars in London. One of the victims was asked her feelings towards Irish people. She replied''it was an Irishman who tried to kill her(the bomber) and an Irishman who saved her life (the surgeon) and that she held no grudge against anyone.This in my opinion is an admirable but correct and open-minded view.

• Like 1

The tragedy of killing in Thailand continues. Thais seem to regard this as "Thailand South" as separate and distinct from Thailand.

My fiance certainly doesn't/. Her old primary school was bombed last week in Yala. There are those of us that would want to help, Thai and Farang. But the government does not understand who they are fighting with or why, but thinks that throwing shonky agreements and money at them will make things go away.

Only when you understand that anyone not willing to work with you is the enemy will you ever be able to consider victory. Bangkok is a long way from understanding what "Thailand South" is. But those brave souls of the south who remain hope that Bangkok will come to its' senses sooner rather than later, as enough innocent non-combatant blood has been spilled.

There's good people and bad people everywhere.I remember once when the I.R.A performed one of their spectaculars in London. One of the victims was asked her feelings towards Irish people. She replied''it was an Irishman who tried to kill her(the bomber) and an Irishman who saved her life (the surgeon) and that she held no grudge against anyone.This in my opinion is an admirable but correct and open-minded view.

And John, Muhammed (a fictional Thai national) drove a bike into a Buddhist street in Pattani (yes, there are places specifically where Buddhists go because it is the only place they feel safe) and walked away. Minutes later the bike explodes, killing 15 buddhists as well as Abdullah, a 10 year old Muslim boy walking home from school.

The government would respond with "talks to stop the violence", with promises that some self placed Bangkok Hi So turned politician will come and solve the issue, but he never keeps his promise. Buddhists blame the government for not protecting them enough, and Muslims blame the Buddhists because the attack which killed Abdullah took place in their street. Disillusioned, rudderless and confused, the fighting goes on.

This is the reality of the south, it is a very different place than London, or even Dublin. As they say, this is Thailand, this is the Thailand that Thais are too afraid to visit. The difference between Northern Ireland and the three states of the South is that both parties understood that coming to a middle ground meant understanding what each wanted and being willing to lose ground in order to stop the killing. In the south, both parties seem to see the killing as acceptable cannon fodder - one to continue their grinding insurgency, the other to protect their beloved Bangkok.

Edited by TheGhostWithin

The point i was trying to bring across is that: do not blame a religion for the actions of so few. USA is considered a christian nation and yet they go to war and kill many people. (please don't think im attacking Americans with that statement merely using an example) I have met many Muslims and find them fascinating people and they are usually very peaceful and humble, when you ask them about how they feel about the terrorist attacks against other nations and within their own countries and their religion being used to fuel these attacks they become very embarrassed. I am South African and the same hatred is used against white people even though it was the government and the elites who imposed oppression, the way we view people that are different from us needs to change and that is all i was hoping to bring to light. Don't hate a race or religion based on the stupidity of others who impose their opinion through violent acts.