Gmail Contacts

johnnort

Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy Y phone with gmail installed. I am able to access my account such as sent mail, compose, and inbox etc., but there is no contact folder. nor even a contacts icon anywhere. I have been on the internet and have followed every instruction found; with every SYNC enabled etc. but no contacts will appear on the phone. Are there any little nuances I should know about? Just how do I go about obtaining my gmail contacts onto my phone?

Edited by metisdead
Please do not post using all caps. Topic title edited to remove all caps.

Do you have the google account setup on your phone with the all option for Contacts ticked it be in settings/ accounts/google/ sync contacts. You can have it sync on regular basis like 1 hour or manually sync when you want to update. At least that what I have on my Samsung Galaxy 3 most android phones i see are very similar.

I also have the Gmail app on my Galaxy and it too has no contacts folder, I think you will find that all your Gmail contacts are merged into the phones contacts. When you create a new message you will get a list of possibles as soon as you type in the "To" address field.