British man mysteriously disappears in Srisaket province

webfact

Foreign Husband Mysteriously Disappears In Srisaket Province

252.jpg
A woman from Kalasin province whose car was taken by her foreign husband, the car was found soon after in a forest.

SRISAKET – September 17, 2013 [PDN]; Raseesalai Police station revealed that a Ford Fiesta car was found in the middle of a forest. Local people reported to the police as soon as the car was found.

When investigation police arrived at the reported scene, it was found that the car was locked and that no one was in the car, making police have to forcefully open up the car. Inside the car, police found documents that belonged to 60 year-old Derek Wallton, who was the husband of Mrs. Luksami Wallton.

After contacting Mrs. Luksami, she confirmed that her Ford Fiesta was indeed missing and that her English husband took her car out and never returned to their house. She said that he was missing for about 7 to 8 days.

Both Tourist Police and Police have now been informed regarding the disappearance of Mr. Derek.

Source: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/09/16/foreign-husband-mysteriously-disappears-in-srisaket-province/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-09-17

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is "Thainess" (the not giving a shit about your HUSBAND that you love and care for and share a life with that's been missing for 7 or 8 days), then I want no part of it. It stinks.

In all fairness of "Thainess" up to now it's a pretty vague report on happenings but my first thoughts on reading the article made me jump to a conclusion that I wouldn't normally take, I joined the "who dunnit club", maybe I'm premature in my thoughts, time will tell but I hope the guy's safe and sound...

Surely Mr Walton had a friend or two in the area? Leaving the car in a muddy hole and locked up seems odd. No traces, foot prints, yes, I suppose heavy rain eliminated them too.

I'll leave the intrepid Thai police to find him.

I am sure that the BIB would be conducting an extensive search of the area where the car was located especially as he has been missing for over a week. The area would be considered a crime scene until such time further info comes to light to deem it otherwise.

• Like 1

Poor guy. Hope justice is served. Better yet, hope he shows up hungover and able to patch things up with the Mrs...

I'm not sure i would want to patch up, other than in the medical sense, with a wife that didn't bother about me being missing for a week or so unless i had a habit of going walkabout.

Co-incidence?

A week ago a very confused english speaking man appeared at a shop in a town to the south of Sisaket asking for assistance to get to Sisaket to meet up with a teacher friend there. He was in the company of a helpful Thai man who found him wandering along the road.

The man claimed he had run out of petrol and had no money to buy fuel. He claimed his wife had been cheating with many men and gambled his money. He didn't have the phone number or address of his teacher friend as he said he had used his house phone to call the friend the previous night.

He was directed to the local police to ask for a ride to Sisaket. The local police have been known to help in in situations like this previously.

I understand why many are making the comments that they are... But if it was the wife, wouldn't she find a way to dispose of the unwanted husband without trashing her car?

Trashing the car like that almost seems like husband was pissed off and decided to trash the car rather than let the wife have it and then run off.

Also it this is what happened an wife and husband took off, not surprising why the wife wouldn't report him missing

Not saying this is for sure the case, but would not be surprised to see this guy pop up some where down the road.

Of course would be equally unsurprised if they found his body either

In either case, hope the BiB are putting the wife to the question

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1