Multiple entry Non-immigrant(o)Help please.

Hi

Just wondering if anyone of you kind people could help.I'm a British citizen married to a Thai.My multiple entry non-immigrant (o) current 90 Days is due to expire on November 29th 2013, but the main visa is valid until May 2014,with British passport valid till 2017.

I live in Phitsanulok, but always go to Pattaya for a few days holiday and visit friends.During this time i do a visa run to Cambodia, there and back about 9 hours from Pattaya,never a problem and re-enter Thailand with another 90 days on my passport.

I have recently discovered that there's an international border post opened last year at Phu du in Uttaradit approx 220km's from me, going into Paklay,Laos.http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-forum/red-tape-border-crossing-requirements/3733-pu-du-border-crossing-uttaradit-province-paklay-laos.html

Being a keen biker i fancied doing a ride there.

3 Questions:-

1) Would i still get a 90 day stamp upon re-entering Thailand?

2) Is there a visa charge for entering Laos,if so how much ?

3) Would the lao immigration officers allow me to take my bike across the border.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,and many thanks for taking the time to read my post.

international border post Phu du NOT OPEN only thai's allowed across dont think this will be open as an international border untill end of next year, this info from border police. was there 1 week ago note you can go ascros walk only cost 100baht to lao police no extit stamp from thai and only registered in lao police book no passport required but this is only for a few hrs vist to the matket and back not official

Edited by MikeandDow
  • Like 1

I don't know about that particular crossing, but I have met people who drove inside. They needed the (purple?) car passport and the sticker (T) and all that. One guy, though, was complaining about the fees on the Laos side and said he now does what I did a few times: park my car on the Thai side for like 100 baht a night (motorcycles are usually cheaper, I think). I just never got my act together enough to make the book and all that, so 100 baht a night to have someone watch the car was the way to go for me.

international border post Phu du NOT OPEN only thai's allowed across dont think this will be open as an international border untill end of next year, this info from border police. was there 1 week ago note you can go ascros walk only cost 100baht to lao police no extit stamp from thai and only registered in lao police book no passport required but this is only for a few hrs vist to the matket and back not official

Thankyou very much.Roll on next year then.

Hi, just as an aside to the OP. I have the same visa and recently received a standard 90 days when I did a visa run. Unfortunately I got my timing wrong for my return flight, and so went to immigration, as i had last time, to get a 30 days extension, but was only offered 7 days with a 3 days overstay to pay at the airport. I'm not sure why that happened? Can someone pleasee explain.

Hi, just as an aside to the OP. I have the same visa and recently received a standard 90 days when I did a visa run. Unfortunately I got my timing wrong for my return flight, and so went to immigration, as i had last time, to get a 30 days extension, but was only offered 7 days with a 3 days overstay to pay at the airport. I'm not sure why that happened? Can someone please explain.

Thirty day extensions are only for a tourist visa entry. Seven days was correct.

If married to a Thai you can get a 60 day extension.

Next option is to make a border run.

Hi, just as an aside to the OP. I have the same visa and recently received a standard 90 days when I did a visa run. Unfortunately I got my timing wrong for my return flight, and so went to immigration, as i had last time, to get a 30 days extension, but was only offered 7 days with a 3 days overstay to pay at the airport. I'm not sure why that happened? Can someone please explain.

Thirty day extensions are only for a tourist visa entry. Seven days was correct.

If married to a Thai you can get a 60 day extension.

Next option is to make a border run.

Thanks, didn't realise I'd only get the 7 days from immigration. Next time, if there is one, I'll do a border run. Pain in the rear but will get me through better than 7 day cost + overstay fine.