KTB fixed deposit 3.7 %

Seems a reasonable rate in today's terms for THB cash if you have the view that THB interest rates are not going to rise significantly over that period.

Look into the penalties should you need to cash it early for whatever reason. May be suitable for visas/ extensions of stay where people need to park 400k or 800k.

My own view I'd rather have around 3% with better access and shorter term.

Cheers

Fletch smile.png

Well, 3.70 % less 15 % tax is 3.145 % net, this is currently not bad and keeping the money invested for 37 months with monthly interests payout to the current A/c is not bad except for one thing...

During 3 years plus 1 month general bank interests could rise to a higher level, and that is the only reason why the time factor of 37 months at 3.145 % might not be a successful input.

I deposited in KTB last year for 22 months at 4 % the A/c ends early in 2014. obviously no problem in terms of higher interests, but since then interests have gone down a little, and might rise again within a period of 37 months, but it is impossible to know, thus 37 months at 3.145 % might be alright.

dont you claim the tax back its easy.

I have not claimed it due to being unaware, please outline the >tax back procedure< in order to activate the claim.

the tax yr.is jan.1st-dec31st.so first week of jan.the following yr.you ask the bank for a certificate of tax paid unless they give you it when any fixed term acc.matures,scb and bangkok bank does this.you then take your passport and proof of address to your local tax office[all are very helpfull] they will register you and you will get a tax id.card they will fill the forms in for you and expect a refund mine for yr.ending 2012 i got after 10days.also you can claim back the last 3yrs.as i said in my last post go to interest bank rates for other tv.members posts.