Tour on a pcx

Billposter

Not sure if this is the right place to post????????

Going back to LOS in November for 4 months.

Would like to do a bit of a tour on my PCX 125 any suggestions where to go maybe out on the road for 1 week or more.

Anyone done a tour of Thailand on a bike???? .

Any suggestions would be most great full .

Or a site I can go on to find info.

Thanks in advance

I have made 2 big rides from CM to Hua Hin the 1rst then Cm to Bangkok via Plok, KK, Surin, Pattaya. Bangkok, back to CM. Just get good road map decide where you want to go and plot out a route easy as that, most roads are in good enough condition that they will not be a problem. When you decide where you are going and need some info PM me maybe I can help. I tour at present on a 150PCX

Hi, on the pcx topic, I have one and have been contemplating doing some touring. would you recommend it for a long journey, been toying with upgrading for this purpose, but not made decision yet, I am happy with it as a day to day bike.

Its fine pet ,a man went around the World on a Honda 50 cc moped .( his arse was rather sore at the end mind ) .

Hi, on the pcx topic, I have one and have been contemplating doing some touring. would you recommend it for a long journey, been toying with upgrading for this purpose, but not made decision yet, I am happy with it as a day to day bike.

did 500 miles on it last year no problem standard seat a bit un comfy but I have got a custom seat a lot better

Its fine pet ,a man went around the World on a Honda 50 cc moped .( his arse was rather sore at the end mind ) .

Yes sure and some are bicycling and some are walking, off-course you can do on a PCX.

A friend of mine is all over the place on his bicycle, I called him one day to ask if he wanted to go out for a beer (Pattaya),

no was the answer I am near the Cambodian border on my bike, lol.

I am too old for long trips on small bikes, I am too comfortable nowadays, last long trip on a bike was on a Harley.

When I did my big ride this year on arrival in Surin a kid spotted my licenses plate from CM and he followed me to the hotel I stayed at and asked me if I had really rode from CM. Yes I replied, come and visit me sometime but like many Thais going around the block is like a trip to the moon.Him and a few friends had a big trip planned to Buriram. Nice kid gave me his phone number and said if I had any problem while in Surin give him a call he also rode a nice PCX.

• Like 1

I would say invest in a good seat for your pcx... 2000 baht and get an android phone which will come preloaded with google maps and a portable battery charger and you will be fine! Im a pcx rider myself. Ive done a 100 km trip before but I wouldnt think 2ce about going farther.

Sent from my GT-I9500

I would say invest in a good seat for your pcx... 2000 baht and get an android phone which will come preloaded with google maps and a portable battery charger and you will be fine! Im a pcx rider myself. Ive done a 100 km trip before but I wouldnt think 2ce about going farther.

Sent from my GT-I9500

It isn't the seat fully that causes the discomfort it is sweat on your butt that causes a lot of problem. I discovered this on the way to Hua Hin back in Mar. my butt was killing me couldn't ride more than 30 min without stopping on one of the stops went to the mens room dropped the pants and covered my butt with powder it was almost instant relief me and my friend finished the ride to destination in about 2 hours and I remained very comfortable. I was just impressed to use the powder on myself and it worked. I prefer the old map good excuse for a stop and a glass of lemon tea, haven't got lost just using maps but I do have a good sense of direction

• Like 1

Sent from my GT-I9500

Edited by moe666

Sent from my GT-I9500

It isn't the seat fully that causes the discomfort it is sweat on your butt that causes a lot of problem. I discovered this on the way to Hua Hin back in Mar. my butt was killing me couldn't ride more than 30 min without stopping on one of the stops went to the mens room dropped the pants and covered my butt with powder it was almost instant relief me and my friend finished the ride to destination in about 2 hours and I remained very comfortable. I was just impressed to use the powder on myself and it worked. I prefer the old map good excuse for a stop and a glass of lemon tea, haven't got lost just using maps but I do have a good sense of direction

I still uses the original seat but have added a net for it.

I think it would be okay for long trips as a bit of air can go between the seat and your butt.

I wonder if a pair of those biking shorts (the spandex type) would help with this problem? Just wear your jeans over it... I think if I go on a long trip ill give it a try.

Sent from my GT-I9500

I have ordered some underwear that are suppose to wick away water. Upon arrival I will give them a try on a long ride and report back.

I wonder if a pair of those biking shorts (the spandex type) would help with this problem? Just wear your jeans over it... I think if I go on a long trip ill give it a try.

Sent from my GT-I9500

I have some cycling shorts with chamois (shammy) leather insert which I have used on occasion (like riding back from Udorn in a day), works well. There are mesh seat covers available here. Those wooden ball "taxi driver" seat covers are 195B and could easily me modified to fit. Sheepskin seat cover would the the dogs <deleted>?

Sent from my GT-I9500

I used to wear them under my MX jeans when doing enduros...they do help thumbsup.gif

Silk boxers is the solution to the numb bum syndrome. SILK, not nylon or any synthetic. Done tens of thousands of kilometres on sports bikes that have the most uncomfortable seats known to man, but silk boxers really do the job.

Used to ride a whole tank of gas between stops (say 450 klm) and get off with no pain in the bum at all - wrists were buggered, but that's another story.

I have done several long trips on my PCX 125.... Melaka My. and back tp Samui, was the longest... but several trips involving over 500 kms.... each year....

I would suggest getting rid of the hump, easy to do and should not cost more that 300 or 400 baht.... any foam shop should be able to do... no need to spend 1000's of baht.... whistling.gif .... (the hump is just screwed on... so easy to take off... and then new heavy foam (needs to be be carved to fit you!) ..... and vinyl covering.... easy ....

After that first long trip, getting a Shad box on the back was really handy... (check forum sponsor) Even for everyday use that is handy... larger size is better... thumbsup.gif

Have your air filter checked before leaving, if dirty it really affects your gas mileage~ ..... Cheap to replace! wink.png