Hair Detangler?!?!?

FireMedic

Hey everyone, I'm really sorry to ask this but I have to. Are there any forms of hair detangler sprays here in Thailand? In the U.S. they are made by everyone. If a girl has a ton of knots, you just spray it on, wait a minute and start brushing it all out. Here, it is not only hard to find, people look at you like you are crazy when asking. It's like I'm asking them if I can borrow their kidney for a day or two. I always get the Mai Mee/Mai Loo. So any help or advice??

I don't know I'm afraid but if anywhere will do it then it will be boots or watsons, but a conditioner also works, rub it on the ends, comb the hair, then rinse it off. And the trick is to comb the hair in small sections starting from the ends, up.

Thai hair is coarser and less likely to tangle, so no market demand for such products.I have the same problem as my hair too is very fine in texture.

In addition, Thai hair can soak up oils well so most of the add-in/no rinse products will leave fine western hair greasy. I always have to remember to stop them after drying my hair as they automaticaly reach for oil to rub on.

And lord help you if you get a shampoo at a shop. The way they do it will leave fine hair a horrible matted mess. Have to keep telling them you have "sen lek mak" and to "tam bao bao". Even so, they scrub too vigorously and make a ratted mess . So I have just given up and always wash my hair myself then pop into the salon for a blow dry. Which takes more than twice as long in my hair as it does on Thai hair, as the local hairdressers have learned to their dismay....

Of course some farang women, especially brunettes, have hair that is less fine in texture and they do OK with Thai products. But not me and from the sounds of it, not you.