Local Women

PhuketAmerican

who has actually attract many of the male first timers to Thailand?( especialy in the binnings70's and80's) why so many tourist dollars got spent here?who had actually ignited the fast rise of Thailand?imho it has been the working girls.sure many first timers found out very quickly that this beautiful country has much more than its night life and came back or even settled here.i dont understand so many deragotary post towards bar girls when obvious many forum members appreciate this kind of service on a regulary base.

bar girls are the spine of this country ! and the intention of their majority dont do it get fast rich,no they do it to support a extended family in rural areas due of a lacking social system in place.not the girls are to blame its the society/ government who failed miserably.

PS: i am not together with a bar girl.i am just trying to connect cause and effect.

• Like 2

Nice "friends" you have. Your at the pub and they call your missus a hooker

You misunderstood lads for friends. I never said they were my friends. I had never met any of them before plus they didn't say she was a hooker. Just made it obvious that they have all been to Thailand for a single reason...

Most middle class Thai's are ashamed of Thailands image.

But not ashamed of the revenue it brings. The biggest shame in Thailand is being poor.

The majority of Phuket s middle class have made their money off the backs of bar girls

The majority of Phuket s middle class have made their money off the backs of bar girls

And where do you get that idea ? I serious dispute that. Any money that the so called 'middle class' made was from land sales/leases.

And land values increase because more farangs come here. Why do they come to places like Phuket and Pattaya? It aint for the temples thats for sure

And where do you get that idea ? I serious dispute that. Any money that the so called 'middle class' made was from land sales/leases.

Totally agree. My girlfriends family made their millions and still are making millions through rubber plantations. Making money from prostitutes? Not sure about that one pal....

And land values increase because more farangs come here. Why do they come to places like Phuket and Pattaya? It aint for the temples thats for sure

The majority of tourists come here for the natural beauty of the island, beaches, infrastructure, airport. Only a minority are here for the sex industry.

• Like 2

The majority of tourists come here for the natural beauty of the island, beaches, infrastructure, airport. Only a minority are here for the sex industry.

Well if thats the case why are most of the hotels in Patong? Why is the rents in Patong the most expensive? Patong beach is a swamp at best. Why are the most popular hotels in Bangkok right next to Nana and Cowboy?

Why is the busiest part of Pattaya near walking st? Why is Chewang the most popular place in Samui?

The point is. Every male that comes to Thailand the first time comes and hangs around the hookers and the bars. If they come back a few times then they might travel up country and explore new areas and begin to appreciate the culture and country a bit more.

Lastly when Khun Farang decides to make LOS his home. He moves away from the sex areas and then pretends he doesnt really like Patong, Chewang etc.

Me myself I am upfront and honest about it. I love walking st and I love Patong and all the other red light areas

• Like 1

Well if thats the case why are most of the hotels in Patong? Why is the rents in Patong the most expensive? Patong beach is a swamp at best. Why are the most popular hotels in Bangkok right next to Nana and Cowboy?

Why is the busiest part of Pattaya near walking st? Why is Chewang the most popular place in Samui?

The point is. Every male that comes to Thailand the first time comes and hangs around the hookers and the bars. If they come back a few times then they might travel up country and explore new areas and begin to appreciate the culture and country a bit more.

Lastly when Khun Farang decides to make LOS his home. He moves away from the sex areas and then pretends he doesnt really like Patong, Chewang etc.

Me myself I am upfront and honest about it. I love walking st and I love Patong and all the other red light areas

You do know that the hotels in Patong are mostly occupied by families?

Better start trolling about something else, this is a very bad attempt.

• Like 1

Do the associated sex industry businesses latch onto popular tourist areas or does an area become popular because of the localised sex industry?

Tourists come to Phuket for a naughty holiday. Whats the figures these days? 6 million + a year. They come to spend money in Bangla and look at ladyboys, get rotten drunk in bars.

Now all that money funnels back to the big banks in Phuket town. This in turn gets spent on cars and motorbikes, clothing houses etc etc. This flows on creatic domestic industries such as construction and transport. So even the humble middle class rubber farmers get some of the sex industry slice. For example look at the hundreds of latex factories springing up everywhere.

I always smirk when I hear how embarrassed Thai people are about the sex industry. And then I look at businesses such as laundromats on Nanai road. They arent too shy to wash the 20, 000 plus G strings a day!

Everyone benefits from Thailands sex industry, most just dont want to admit it.

• Like 2

You are so right, at least 95% of people holidaying and living in Phuket are here for the reasons you have stated

Less than 5% are sexpats, 2 of which regularly post on this forum

• Like 2

You are so right, at least 95% of people holidaying and living in Phuket are here for the reasons you have stated

Less than 5% are sexpats, 2 of which regularly post on this forum

And 80% of statistics are made up.

who has actually attract many of the male first timers to Thailand?( especialy in the binnings70's and80's) why so many tourist dollars got spent here?who had actually ignited the fast rise of Thailand?imho it has been the working girls.sure many first timers found out very quickly that this beautiful country has much more than its night life and came back or even settled here.i dont understand so many deragotary post towards bar girls when obvious many forum members appreciate this kind of service on a regulary base.

bar girls are the spine of this country ! and the intention of their majority dont do it get fast rich,no they do it to support a extended family in rural areas due of a lacking social system in place.not the girls are to blame its the society/ government who failed miserably.

PS: i am not together with a bar girl.i am just trying to connect cause and effect.

Thai wife tells me that any foreigner who believes that bar girls main motivation is to support their families are fools

• Like 2

Tourists come to Phuket for a naughty holiday. Whats the figures these days? 6 million + a year. They come to spend money in Bangla and look at ladyboys, get rotten drunk in bars.

Now all that money funnels back to the big banks in Phuket town. This in turn gets spent on cars and motorbikes, clothing houses etc etc. This flows on creatic domestic industries such as construction and transport. So even the humble middle class rubber farmers get some of the sex industry slice. For example look at the hundreds of latex factories springing up everywhere.

I always smirk when I hear how embarrassed Thai people are about the sex industry. And then I look at businesses such as laundromats on Nanai road. They arent too shy to wash the 20, 000 plus G strings a day!

You have a point.

The black economy is way bigger than the real economy in Thailand. Ten fold.

Thats why cash flows so free here.

Just look how the ATMs are set up.

I can withdraw 200k a day using an ATM in Thailand. That's 7000 AUD. In Australia I was allowed 500 a day max.

Its set up to be a cash society with the sex trade and other illicit trades fueling it.

If 6m

Do the associated sex industry businesses latch onto popular tourist areas or does an area become popular because of the localised sex industry?

Exactly. 5* resorts don't spend billions on opening up next to girly bars... I think you'll find the girly bars open up wherever there is tourists.

If 6 million men came to Phuket for the company of bar girls the bars would be packed night and day all over the island

Its a long time since i have visited Bangla road in the evening but when last there half the men in Girlie bars were the same ones every night

Edited by nedkellylives

Exactly. 5* resorts don't spend billions on opening up next to girly bars... I think you'll find the girly bars open up wherever there is tourists.

And 5 star tourists would never ever procure the services of a sex worker now would they??

So this is a chicken and the egg debate...which came first the girly bars or the hotels?