Local Women

PhuketAmerican

There are a few 'dating' sites with Phuket girls. Have met some nice girls doing this. Never got involved with them sadly, always seem to be something wrong with them. More to the point l couldn't be bothered waiting around. Easy to find dating sites, there are some advertised on TV.

Edited by Phuket electrician

There are very very few original "Phuket people" on Phuket. I think I recall meeting 3 or 4 in 12 years here. Most Thai's I know or have met tend to have been in Phuket for 2-3 years. Obviously the bars are full of mostly Isaan girls because it's a large area that consists mostly of poor farming villages. Sadly and ironically, one of the groups which has been here the longest, the sea gypsies, are constantly battling developers which are claiming they own the land the sea gypsies have been living on for generations.

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 1

My Mrs. is not from Isan, she's not a farm girl, and she is not Hi-So Chinese. She is from Nahkon Si Thammarat, so I have learned to sleep with my eyes open.tongue.png

Where/how did you guys meet? Here in Phuket? Buddhist or Muslim? I get alot of grief from other expats for having a muslim girl but she doesnt drink or gamble and seems very motivated compared to some of the lazy "kept women" I have encountered here.

My Mrs. is not from Isan, she's not a farm girl, and she is not Hi-So Chinese. She is from Nahkon Si Thammarat, so I have learned to sleep with my eyes open.tongue.png

Where/how did you guys meet? Here in Phuket? Buddhist or Muslim? I get alot of grief from other expats for having a muslim girl but she doesnt drink or gamble and seems very motivated compared to some of the lazy "kept women" I have encountered here.

Did you convert to Islam?

• Like 1

Did you convert to Islam?

Nope, have not converted to Islam, keep beer in the house for myself but no pork, eat as much as I want out at restaurants which suits me fine, and respect her beliefs and customs and don't pressure her to change, and feel no pressure on myself. Her family is fine with this especially since I was raised a Baptist and know as much/more than them about their prophets which are mostly the name as the bible.

There are very very few original "Phuket people" on Phuket. I think I recall meeting 3 or 4 in 12 years here. Most Thai's I know or have met tend to have been in Phuket for 2-3 years. Obviously the bars are full of mostly Isaan girls because it's a large area that consists mostly of poor farming villages. Sadly and ironically, one of the groups which has been here the longest, the sea gypsies, are constantly battling developers which are claiming they own the land the sea gypsies have been living on for generations.

Phuket Town, Thalang and the North of Phuket is full of Phuket people. Living here outside the tourist spots is the point.

Nearly all my thai friends are Phuket people. Most of them are sure not poor because they have their own land and never smaller then 1 rai and sometimes bigger then 1.000 rai.

Wife and her parents also born on Phuket.

Isaan would probably be the poorest province in Thailand and most people from there work in factories etc in other

provences or overseas, very few work in the sex industry

If you have been there you would know there is very little work available its mainly rice farms and cattle with very few factories

I knew a French guy in Krabi who was married to a local Muslim girl. He was in the middle of a mean divorce fighting over the house etc. Told me the first year of their marriage was okay but after that she and her family became extremely greedy and harassed him for money all the time. So different religion, same shit I guess. If you prefer a Muslim because she does not smoke and drink don't forget that 95% of the Thai Buddhist women do not smoke and drink either. Not sure about gambling though.

ex girl from Thalang so yes..

80% of all expats here have issan wifes/gf no class at all and they all say - she is a good girl - hahah sure good ex-bargirl..

just go down to the bars and ask the old farts were his wife is from hehe..

terrible...

you sound very bitter! been turned over a few times eh???

Isaan would probably be the poorest province in Thailand and most people from there work in factories etc in other

provences or overseas, very few work in the sex industry

If you have been there you would know there is very little work available its mainly rice farms and cattle with very few factories

Issan isn't a province. Its a region made up of several provinces.

My girlfriend is from Satun province! She now works as a F&B manager in a Chiang mai resort. That job is one of the reasons we moved here, plus to escape what Phuket has turned into. She used to work in the same hotel as me, which is where we met. Indigo Pearl, Nai Yang. Her and her friends say bar girls are the embarresment of the nation.

My girlfriend is from Satun province! She now works as a F&B manager in a Chiang mai resort. That job is one of the reasons we moved here, plus to escape what Phuket has turned into. She used to work in the same hotel as me, which is where we met. Indigo Pearl, Nai Yang. Her and her friends say bar girls are the embarresment of the nation.

Why? The bar girls bring in the tourist dollar which brings big face because more Mercedes are being driven around

Based on 27years of experience, I think the conventional wisdom that all bar girls make bad wives is inaccurate. I have many friends whose wives had bar backgrounds and they are very happy with the results more than 10 years later.

Conversely, I have other friends who have had nightmare marriages with "good" Thai girls.

All of my friends married to Thai-Muslim woman are happy with them.

I find it disgraceful how Thai women, and Thailand in general, is portrayed in the Western media.

Edited by phuketsub
  • Like 2

^As to your first paragraph, my experience also. It has to be said that there is a good proportion of 'bar girls' whose prime ambition is money. I know that some of them have no idea of the hurt that they can cause, while others of them simply don't care. While there are 'bad' ones in all walks of life, it is probably fair to say that bad types can be attracted to the BG lifestyle because of the opportunities they see for easy gains from farang. On the other hand, I know/have known of many farang who have had lengthy and happy marriages to ex BGs. It is simply not correct to categorise all BGs as 'no good' - this type of comment seems to come from people with the least knowledge of Thais (the same people who say that 'farang' is always a pejorative term).

I find bar girls more honest than the locals

Same here. Although, I keep my eyes closed and trust the wife to deal with any cat burglars in true NST style tongue.png

• Like 1

Same here. Although, I keep my eyes closed and trust the wife to deal with any cat burglars in true NST style tongue.png

People steal your cats w00t.gif

• Like 1

My girlfriend is from Satun province! She now works as a F&B manager in a Chiang mai resort. That job is one of the reasons we moved here, plus to escape what Phuket has turned into. She used to work in the same hotel as me, which is where we met. Indigo Pearl, Nai Yang. Her and her friends say bar girls are the embarresment of the nation.

Why? The bar girls bring in the tourist dollar which brings big face because more Mercedes are being driven around

Because when we traveled to my hometown local pub obviously the lads asked where she was from. After that were all the ting tong and short time jokes... She got upset by it.

Nice "friends" you have. Your at the pub and they call your missus a hooker

You misunderstood lads for friends. I never said they were my friends. I had never met any of them before plus they didn't say she was a hooker. Just made it obvious that they have all been to Thailand for a single reason...

Most middle class Thai's are ashamed of Thailands image.