Mountain Dew In 7/11 Now.

lachiplo

I had to do it, been waiting for this day. Local mountain dew at 15 baht per bottle

image.jpg

edited:

For those who had tried, do you experience a awkward after taste? sort of bitter yet strong and chemical like after taste. what a great bummer after such anticipation, hopefully it was a one off bottle issue.

Edited by lachiplo
  • Like 1

"One case reported that a man who consumed two to four liters of a soda containing BVO on a daily basis experienced memory loss, tremors, fatigue, loss of muscle coordination, headache, and ptosis of the right eyelid, as well as elevated serum chloride.[13] In the two months it took to correctly diagnose the problem, the patient also lost the ability to walk. Eventually, bromism was diagnosed and hemodialysis was prescribed which resulted in a reversal of the disorder"

2 to 4 liters a day? He's lucky that was his only problem....

BVO has been in sodas forever. It may not be healthy, but there is statistically a very small percentage of people that have had problems(I mean people that drink normal, human amounts) . I think the amount of sugars that are ingested are much more of a problem.

Anyone know what other soft, fizzy-ish drinks here contain this s**t? The only drink that my daughter has a 'yin' for is 'Chah Lipton Maneauw'--or the Lemon Tea thingy, which is obviously a 'citrus' drink--best check it out.

Checked out the Lipton web page and they studiously avoid listing ingredients.

Edited by haybilly

I like the messages in CAPITALS.....

I can't read most of the other messages even with my glasses..the type face is sooooo small

I bet the MODERATOR is under 50..

Now THAT is age descrimination....

As for poison in a bottle...the entire 'soda'industry could be wiped off the planet with only positive effects to the inhabitants.

Wooohoooooo ... A friend told me about it 2 days ago when he found it at a 7-11 for 18 baht a bottle

This is great news ....I lugged a kilo of it fr KL and a friend brought me 6 cans from Singapore ..enough for like 1 week

Now if they have it at KFC it's heaven match right there :-)

I like the messages in CAPITALS.....

I can't read most of the other messages even with my glasses..the type face is sooooo small

I bet the MODERATOR is under 50..

Now THAT is age descrimination....

As for poison in a bottle...the entire 'soda'industry could be wiped off the planet with only positive effects to the inhabitants.

on your keyboard press "ctr and + " ...at the same time.

it will increase the size of everything on screen

• Like 1

Maybe it's just the haze of memory from my childhood ( early 60's) but an ice cold Mountain Dew from a glass bottle is one of my fondest taste memories. To me it just never tasted the same in plastic bottles, cans slightly better but still not the same as the glass bottle.

I think I'll watch a few episodes of My Three Sons on Youtube now, as long as I'm in such a nostalgic mood.

Just had to buy a bottle to try it ,just to see if it was the same as I remember,

and its not, very little in the way of taste at all.and the colour of the bottle it

will frighten the kids!

Now if they would just do Tizer,Irn brew, and Bundaberg Ginger Beer.

and I believe they still sell Vimto in Burma, that has the strangest taste

of any soft drink.

regards Worgeordie

2 to 4 liters a day? He's lucky that was his only problem....

I was up to nearly two liters a day and noticed I had many of those same symptoms from the BVO wiki article. I first cut out Mt Dew from my diet and switched to colas. Then I started an iodine supplement. My mood improved. Now I'm down to one cola a day with my lunch.

Yeah happy about this, because it mixes well with rice whiskey!

I use the schwepps manao soda with my ss......works for me

no way do i need to mix mt dew and ss--like mixing acids and bases!!! boom!

So you are saying you would produce salts water, heat and maybe a copious amount of gas?

As for Caffeine, it has 54mg, coke has 34mg, a brewed cup of coffe has about 100-250 depending on brand etc...

People loved to talk about the caffeine in Mountain Dew when I was young, but it's really not that much for an adult.