Siberian husky neglected

MaiDong

Across the soi from me is what I think is a Siberian husky, the owners bought it when it was small and cute and they obviously didn't consider anything else, this poor dog is chained to their wall all day and night crying and barking.

I'm quite sure that they would now be happy to see the back of it so my question is, is there anybody who wants it?

It's sickening to see how neglected it is, it's in good condition health wise, it looks a bit weak as it never gets walked and we know how much these dogs want to run and run...

I think I can broker some kind of deal if anybody is interested, please someone get in touch and I'll see what I can do :(

I applaud your motive and desire to improve the life of this dog, however I feel it would be easier for you to do so if you established what the dog's owner would allow to happen.

From what you have said in this forum it appears the dog's owner does not see the animal as a family pet, maybe as you say it's crime was to out grow the fluffy pup they desired and failure to learn without any effort expended on training: my speculation based of observation of generic Thai dog owners.

You appear well motivated, speak English and have the ability to take pictures (although landscape format, taken in focus and either in the Golden Hour of just at Sunrise or Sunset produces the best photographs) so producing something of a Doggie Re-homing poster or profile for a web-site (such as the small ads section on Thai Visa) would probably produce a greater chance of a response than a few moments spent updating this thread.

The fact (?) that you do not know if the Thai owner would allow the dog to be re-homed would be the most basic first step to establish.

The next would be if any exchange of money (either way) would be expected?

I have some experience in placing an advert on Thai Visa in a situation like this, about two years ago I ran an advert for a year old Rottweiler owned by a guy in the village, full documented pedigree, lovely temperament and a dog I would have been happy to take myself had we not already have four dogs in the household. In three months I had one serious response, he arranged a time to visit, asked for maps to get to the house etc and did not show up. (Not an attempted theft set-up as anyone could have taken the dog at that time or since and has not done so.) In this case a few thousand Baht was mentioned in the advert more to deter anyone seeking a dog to sell on or exchange for a plastic basket, but the owner and I agreed that the dog would have been free to the right home.

So to get any response that is meaningful you need to do a bit more than post one dark fuzzy image in a discussion forum. (I will assume that you have done this so as to get a picture without anyone seeing you do this?)

When writing the advert you really need to include basics like age, sex, health and vaccination status - otherwise the advert reads like a really bad automobile advert: "Car for sale call Somchai."

Taking the photograph so that the dog appears behind the bars of a gate suggests that the dog is dangerous and can not be approached.

But all this effort and my writing above is wasted if the Thai owner simply wants a dog that will bark and scare away burglars.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I will assume that you have done this so as to get a picture without anyone seeing you do this?)

Exactly.

The reason for my post was to see if there was any interest, before I bothered with anything more detailed. And it seems there isn't :(

There are three Husky's roaming free in our neighborhood and looking pretty happy for some years already. Being a street dog beats being chained up, Couldn't you develop a plan to change his status? You might want to talk to the owner first before getting all special ops with bold cutters etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Zamor