i have my doubts about this girl .

kranuan

i am living in uk ( northern ireland ) my wife has a thai friend from london, this friend she knew from pattaya many years ago ( yes they worked in the same bar before any one gives any snide comments ) now they have got into contact again. anyway the friend apparently from what i can figure out has been left homeless by her husband, its vague and it seems she is living in some kind of hoste/safe house, whether that is something to do with domestic violence or something on her part i do not know. her visa has run out , think she has overstayed her holiday or whatever visa she had and reports to immigration fortnightly. my wife wants her friend to come here to stay with her for a few weeks and was even going to book a ticket for her friend with her credit card to fly to northern ireland but i told wife that i did not agree with this, maybe immigration will come looking for her when and if she fails to report to them, i also do not trust people who my wife brings into our house to stay especially when i do not have a relationship or got to know them , i know thai,s are different. am i worrying over nothing ? this girl says the immigration said its ok for her to come visit but i do not feel the same way. my wife said i think too much...

what do you think ?

( mike )

immigration has said in her words to my wife, she has to report 2 weekly. i am vague about the issues she is having . obviously if immigration says she can stay in london then she can stay anywhere in uk, my wife has trusted friends before who stole off her etc etc , i do not want my wife having any kind of problem whether it be with her friend or ukba.

think im going to trust my instincts on this one but was just curious to ask you guys

Odd, to me, that they have got in contact again after a few years and after your wifes friend has got into trouble. How did they get in contact? Did they give each other their respective UK phone numbers? Hard to do if they have not been in contact for a few years.

I'd not have the friend sat at my place, in the situation you describe.

• Like 1

As you didn't specify why your wife wants her to visit I will assume it is to help her out, not just as a visit from a friend. Look at it from your wife's point of view. She could just as easily have wound up in the same situation and be looking to HER friend to help HER. Another thing that comes to mind is that you don't trust your wife's judgement and you actually don't want her to help a friend that has a very similar life experience as her.

I would verify info with immigration, find out what is on your wife's mind and see what you can do to help.

Odd, to me, that they have got in contact again after a few years and after your wifes friend has got into trouble. How did they get in contact? Did they give each other their respective UK phone numbers? Hard to do if they have not been in contact for a few years.

Many Thai girls have FaceBook ... usually way to hook up.

Remind your wife of this Thai saying,

Not my family not my problem.

whether that is something to do with domestic violence or something on her part i do not know

Sorry to be so cynical, more like gambling debts or returning to her former profession.

i know thai,s are different.

Sorry to be so blunt, but you dont know shit, Thais are no different than the rest of us.

See my second sentance.

am i worrying over nothing ?

Yes, because nothing will come of it, tell your mrs, no way, or in Thai, took pan ha mee tang ork.

• Like 2

From the OP ...

i am living in uk ( northern ireland )

Previously from the OP ...

we live in isaan , we want to venture into something to make a bit of money, wife loves cooking , as do all thai woman, im just asking for a few suggestions what we could do to make money to tie us over. we are in remote villiage near kranuan. i am thinking of karaoke bar / mo ka ta barbeque resturaunt .....i just dont know so any idea,s most appreciated.

thankyou

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/660608-best-way-to-make-money-little-bit-in-isaan/

I know it's a month between the posts ... but a drastic move in just 30 days ... savvy

And then posted today ...

me and wife put this into thai bank account 2 years ago, now my wife is waiting on immigration issuing her uk visa, she cannot travel outside uk untill she has her visa as if she does then ukba will not let her return into uk without visa status.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/669293-500000-in-thai-bank-joint-account-but-cannot-access-our-moneyhelp/

How did your wife enter the UK (presumably in the past month) and now doesn't have a valid Visa.

Man ... you are a magnet for Fun Things ... facepalm.gif

Good Luck with it all

Yikes! Just getting settled and already problems.

Trust your instinct for what its worth, I think I agree with you...looser enters household next thing you know your wife will dig you in deeper than you want to go.

Dot listen to the doomsters in here they obviously have little real life experiences.coffee1.gif

Immigration said it's okay to remain in the UK illegally ?

If they can't find her passport then pretty much yes, they will say its OK. Stipulation being that she will have to report (every week?). It is simply too much trouble to send them home without the passport. This applies to thousands if not 10's of thousands in UK.

As for being able to travel around UK, I don't know.

It's called networking, happens with every community in every country in the world. The Thai community in UK is very strong; telephone numbers could have come from a friend of a friend, etc.

Immigration said it's okay to remain in the UK illegally ?

If they can't find her passport then pretty much yes, they will say its OK. Stipulation being that she will have to report (every week?). It is simply too much trouble to send them home without the passport. This applies to thousands if not 10's of thousands in UK.

As for being able to travel around UK, I don't know.

So any foreigner who loses his passport after he arrived in the UK can stay there indefinitely?

When I lose my passport I will have to go to my embassy with the police report to get a travel document or a new passport, after which the arrival stamps are placed in he new passport, and I can leave the country.

Why is this different in the UK ?

Go on, you'll go down in history as a legend in your mates eyes...biggrin.png

You gotta love this forum for problem solving conundrums

You got a problem....call the TVF/A- team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MVonyVSQoMlaugh.png

CCC

I can't say if it is the honest truth or not, but the buzz was, one of the characters (Chopper Pilot) in the TV Series The A Team was modelled on Johnny Murdoch.

John Murdoch was a former Air Cav Chopper Pilot in Vietnam and if I remember correctly a Khe Sanh Veteran. He was a very good mate of Rick Maynard the owner of the Grand Prix Bar in Patpong. He still used to wear his 'scarf' when making his 'Subs' in the Kitchen. A real character, fearless, mad as a meat axe, and a Bangkok/Patpong Identity. In latter years he joined Rick as a partner in the bar. (The only bloke I ever knew in Bangkok who wore an actual REAL Rolex Watch LOL)

Would not have a clue whatever became of him.

Edited by cpofc
  • Like 1

I'm and easy type of guy me,,,, and I just go with the flow,, regarding my wife and any other Bu##shit that goes on with in the family.

But some times,, I have to tell her ,,,, N.O means NO

Its about time expats along with forum members,,, start growing them selves a big pair of Ba##s..

Edited by welsh1