Divorce and status

battersea

Never

Offer the return of rejected gifts, rings, gold.

Never

Give money to a woman who has left you.

Never

Allow a woman who has left you, to return to the marital home.

These are things every man needs to know.

(PS. Not sexist, feel free to replace woman with man, it works both ways)

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 1

i bought the house (1 million baht ).... it's on her land ... can she throw me out ? Land that has no official papers ???

She says if i stay she will take my son with her to Bangkok ??

If i go ... then she will stay with him in the marital home .

It's pure selfishness....what are my rights ? what the hell am i supposed to do ?

I want my son to have a UK education at some stage ... what hope have i got ?

Land and house are two different subjects. Look at the papers and see in whom name the house is. You could be the owner, or she.

But upon divorce assets gained during the marriage are split 50-50 and that can include the value of land and house.

Best to discuss options with a competent lawyer.

Thanks Mario but i have been told that there are no papers for the land or house ... it's just her father's father's land etc ....

Normally this sort of land is reserved for the use of those born locally.

If your kid was born in the area and you are looking after him .... a definite maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's back on the roundabout again... i found out my wide is going to apply for Qatar air again (something she said she gave up on before we were engaged).. i was changing my son's nappy when i called her to help.. she sat playing with her phone and then i asked again... i then said if you do not wish to help just say so... to which she replied... if you cannot look after your son then GO !

i then asked her if ahe was going to Qatar and she hit the roof.. grabbed my son and drove off.

This time she sent the slave / home help from Laos to get the passports. i kept my son's passport but gave hers.... am i in trouble for keeping it ?

Now .. do i ask for the child .leave the family home again... or avoid her at all costs ?

• 2 weeks later...
I think you should stop giving her any time/attention and focus on preparing your life without her.
Court will be where your custody battle is decided.
The more time you spend with your lawyers now, the better your options + chances with your child are.

So, improve your predicament, take away her leverage.

...you bought the house for 1,000,000b.... and it really has no papers... on their land

You want to ensure a home for your child should the worst happen, so. Let them 'win' the house.

Keep all the contents.

Move it all out asap. Some real distance between you and the in-laws

Liquidating becomes a much easier option if things go pear-shaped too.

Put your money where she can't touch it.

Secure your livelihood, computers, + passports etc.

So, if you need to fly out in an hour's notice, it would't be much drama.

There's ways to stay, I don't want to comment on that.

People do crazy shit when divorced, and the laws here are simply not fair for a lot of things.
This could be terrible advice for all I know. But look after yourself first and foremost.

• 2 weeks later...

One visit from my wife in 2 months and now she is pregnant. She is obviously furious about this .... she knew this when applyibg for cabin crew so i do not know what is going through her head!

One day she tells me to go back to Uk and forget my son or keep my son and let her start her new life in BKK .. the next her family arrive snd they all tell me to be happy because she is pregnant !!

it just gets worse !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• 5 months later...