Best bus service to Pattaya from Bangkok

thairookie

If coming from BKK, ekamai (eastern bus terminal) buses leave every 20-30 min, used to be around 250 baht,

rgds songhklasid.coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Just take BTS to Victory monument and take a van(there are 2 van companies down the stairs ) that will take you to your hotel directly all for 100 bahts

If coming from BKK, ekamai (eastern bus terminal) buses leave every 20-30 min, used to be around 250 baht,

Just take BTS to Victory monument and take a van(there are 2 van companies down the stairs ) that will take you to your hotel directly all for 100 bahts

Have you seen the fatal accident numbers for the minivans of death for the last few years?

Why would anyone put their life in the hands of one of those morons???

About 124 baht in a coach from Ekamai, if you think your life is worth 24 baht go for the van then...

• Like 2

where do you get the Bell bus and how much is it? Sounds like a good option. When I took a van once it did feel rather unsafe, very crowded, and they did not take me to the hotel, just in the area. Since then I have taken the Ekamai bus and then a baht bus... which is fine. Or the Jomtien to airport bus is very good as well.

where do you get the Bell bus and how much is it? Sounds like a good option. When I took a van once it did feel rather unsafe, very crowded, and they did not take me to the hotel, just in the area. Since then I have taken the Ekamai bus and then a baht bus... which is fine. Or the Jomtien to airport bus is very good as well.

just click on the link for the bell bus website: http://www.belltravelservice.com/pages/PageHome.aspx

Edited by ehdakine

At Ekamai terminal (near Ekamai BTS station) make sure you go into the terminal and buy a ticket for a reserved seat, at the Pattaya ticket window (around 120 baht -- run every 20 min or less when busy).Those buses (blue and white) make only one or two stops, and go directly to the station on North Pattaya (Nua) Road -- Return to Bangkok at from there. (Some service to Jomtien--less often I believe).

Do NOT be dragged onto any buses with orange or purple stripes on the sides (usually in front of terminal).They stop a multitude of times and will take you twice as long, and then just dump you out on the roadside to fend for yourselves.

Van services are faster, but extremely uncomfortable, have no room for luggage, and are deathtraps.

Edited by jimpthai
  • Like 1

Mr Claplo, can you tell me exactly where the buses leave for Pattaya at Victory Monument? Do you mean down the stairs at the BTS station, if so, at what entrance?

I have never seen Bell travel buses full. I took it last month both ways were only 60% occupied, Nice new bus, sightseeing windows, great driver stayed at or below 100km per hour. I was very impressed.

It's a slow time of year. Last week was the 1st time I've seen them anything BUT full. Most of the year round they'll run a full bus direct from their BKK terminal facility to Pattaya, and then a 2nd "overflow" bus only partially full goes to Suvarnabhumi where it fills up before continuing to Pattaya. I agree their drivers are good and the dropoffs in Pattaya well organized. The hotel pickups in BKK can run late in traffic though - too few of the vans trying to do too much & gumming up the works.

I've done the trip in minivans and found it uncomfortable, and they have a bad reputation safety-wise. I've also used the busses from Ekamai: it's cheap, but you will have to negotiate a baht bus to drop you off at your hotel, and they seem to think they have you over a barrell. All-in, I don't think you'll save that much over Bell.

Edited by hawker9000

Mr Claplo, can you tell me exactly where the buses leave for Pattaya at Victory Monument? Do you mean down the stairs at the BTS station, if so, at what entrance?

After reading what other posters have said, I will go from Morchit bus station. no van or mini bus.

At Ekamai terminal (near Ekamai BTS station) make sure you go into the terminal and buy a ticket for a reserved seat, at the Pattaya ticket window (around 120 baht -- run every 20 min or less when busy).Those buses (blue and white) make only one or two stops, and go directly to the station on North Pattaya (Nua) Road -- Return to Bangkok at from there. (Some service to Jomtien--less often I believe).

Do NOT be dragged onto any buses with orange or purple stripes on the sides (usually in front of terminal).They stop a multitude of times and will take you twice as long, and then just dump you out on the roadside to fend for yourselves.

Van services are faster, but extremely uncomfortable, have no room for luggage, and are deathtraps.

Only one or 2 stops.....hah, depends on who gets on board.

My last one stopped at another bus station a few KM from Ekamai and took on some students, then went North back into Laem Chabang to drop them off somewhere.

I plan to take a bus from Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Is Bell Service the only service provider at the Airport ? Do I have better choices at the Airport ?

There is another hourly service on the same desk as Bell Travel. This service just drops you off at the intersection of Pattaya Nua, Klang and Tai which means you will have to find a baht bus or motocyc taxi to take you to the hotel. I think the cost is 150 baht for the bus service but frankly much better to use Bell for 250 baht which takes you to the main Bus station and then seamless transfer to minibuses to your hotel. Is it worth the hassle for a couple of quid?

The Bell Travel bus is more expensive, but it will deliver you to, and pick up you from, your hotel/condo in Pattaya or Jomtien. If you are traveling with luggage that is a nice benefit. No need to negotiate for a B200 ride from Sukhumvit at Pattaya Neua/Klang/Tai or the Jomtien parking lot to get you where you are going.

If you are traveling light where you could use a moto-sai taxi, or staying very near one of the bus stops where you could walk -- View Talay 1, perhaps? -- you could save money using the cheaper bus.

rgds songhklasid.coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

Only one or 2 stops.....hah, depends on who gets on board.

My last one stopped at another bus station a few KM from Ekamai and took on some students, then went North back into Laem Chabang to drop them off somewhere.

Yes, it stops at bus station in Bang Na right outside Bangkok, but otherwise it only stops occasionally closer to Pattaya to drop off passengers. It's still far far far far far better than the orange or purple striped buses, by about an hour, with far far far far less chance of dying than any van. I've always been very please with their service. Even on peak holidays they handle to mobs by putting on extra buses and push them out as quickly as they filled. (Let's see, I said 1 or 2 stops, you said it stopped twice... hmm... how does that merit a "hah"... you agree with me.)

Bell Transportation Service on the internet. Great company, and very reliable. When I travel from Pattaya to a hotel in Bangkok, they pick me up at my condo in van, take me to the bus station to get onto their bug bus, drive me to the bus station in Bangkok, put me in their van straight to my hotel. 250 baht. Can't beat it. Nice employees also.

1) Roong Reuang Coach (bus #389)
http://www.airportpattayabus.com/

Departure from Suvarnabhumi Airport (1st floor, between gates 7 and 8).
They have 16 coaches departing each hour from 7:00 to 22:00 (last two coaches stops only at the North Pattaya Bus Station).
One-way fare is 134 Baht.

2) Bell Travel Service
http://www.belltravelservice.com/
+66(0) 84-427-4606

a) from Suvarnabhumi Airport
Coach depart from Suvarnabhumi Airport (1st floor, outside of gate 8).
They have 6 coaches departing 08:00, 10:00, 12:00, 14:00, 16:00, 18:00.
One-way fare is 230 Baht.

cool.png from any hotel in Bangkok
Coach depart directly from your hotel in Bangkok.
They have 3 coaches departing 08:30, 12:30, 16:30.
One-way fare is 345 Baht.

3) Bus from Ekkamai Bus Station (1 min from BTS Ekkamai)
http://www.pattayabus.com/
+66(02) 712-3928

Buses leave every 30 to 40 minutes from Ekkamai Bus Station.
The first bus leaves at 05:00
The last bus leaves at 23:00
One-way fare is 124 Baht.

4) Morchit Bus Terminal (10 min from BTS Morchit by bus or taxi)
http://www.pattayabus.com/
+66(02) 936-3509

Buses leave every 30 to 40 minutes from Morchit-2
The first bus leaves at 04:30
The last bus leaves at 22:00
One-way fare is 124 Baht or 133 Baht.

5) Minivan from Victory Monument (1 min from BTS)

Vans leave every 20 minutes.
High speed (up to 140 km/hour).
One-way fare is 97 or 100 Baht.

Edited by breaker
  • Like 1

5) Minivan from Victory Monument (1 min from BTS)

Vans leave every 20 minutes.

High speed (up to 140 km/hour).

One-way fare is 97 or 100 Baht.

I suppose this particular option has a high probability of ONE-WAY trip ? So they don't normally quote fares for return trip because of the low probability of a return trip ?giggle.gif

• Like 1

I have never seen Bell travel buses full. I took it last month both ways were only 60% occupied, Nice new bus, sightseeing windows, great driver stayed at or below 100km per hour. I was very impressed.

It's a slow time of year. Last week was the 1st time I've seen them anything BUT full. Most of the year round they'll run a full bus direct from their BKK terminal facility to Pattaya, and then a 2nd "overflow" bus only partially full goes to Suvarnabhumi where it fills up before continuing to Pattaya. I agree their drivers are good and the dropoffs in Pattaya well organized. The hotel pickups in BKK can run late in traffic though - too few of the vans trying to do too much & gumming up the works.

I've done the trip in minivans and found it uncomfortable, and they have a bad reputation safety-wise. I've also used the busses from Ekamai: it's cheap, but you will have to negotiate a baht bus to drop you off at your hotel, and they seem to think they have you over a barrell. All-in, I don't think you'll save that much over Bell.

Exactly!!

When you factor in the cost to get to Ekkamai Bus station, then add more cost to go from Pattaya Bust station to where u are staying, Bells may end up costing only 100 baht more. In avoiding the hassle of doing it the Ekkamai root, its well worth it. Picked up at your place, dropped off at the station, then taken to your Hotel in Pattaya give Bells a go next time and see for myself.

• 4 weeks later...

Exactly!!

When you factor in the cost to get to Ekkamai Bus station, then add more cost to go from Pattaya Bust station to where u are staying, Bells may end up costing only 100 baht more. In avoiding the hassle of doing it the Ekkamai root, its well worth it. Picked up at your place, dropped off at the station, then taken to your Hotel in Pattaya give Bells a go next time and see for myself.

My previous trip to Pattaya two weeks' ago was with Bell Travel. I got to the Airport 15 minutes before departure time, but the coach was already full. I had to wait for the next coach. On my return, I arrived about 30 minutes before departure time, and I thought I could give Roong Reung a try because they were located in the same station as Bell Travel. It turned out the Roong Reung seats were sold out, and when I turned Bell Travel, I managed to get the last few seats.

• Like 1