PM Yingluck urges public not to worry about flood situation

webfact

Hopefully the governors of the effected provinces stand up and do the best they can.

Solution= move to higher ground,i would suggest most complaints come from people who have bought into these flood prone areas.

Thais will carry on as its a normal event.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just phone my friend in Surin, who's house is flooded out, that YS says don't worry. Sure she and her husband will feel fine knowing that.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The monks at the temple next door are camping on the roof!!!

Are they high?

Is there a map anywhere that we can follow the flooding

Look out your window.

The Puppet said not to worry your pretty little head about those naughty flood waters, but I am worried, very worried, because she said not to worry.

I think she said not to worry about flooding in Chiang Mai last time I had to park my car at the wat in Loi Kroh and wade through floodwaters to get to my condo.

Edited by mikemac

Meanwhile in breaking news:

http://www.mcot.net/...92#.Uj1RQj9qN2A

Five metres of railway track in Ubon Ratchathani cut due to flood; Community along Pa Sak river bank in Ayutthaya braces for river overflow

No need to get worried right? Where does the E-ngo get the nerves to tell people not to be worried. Only 7 provinces flooded. Mai pen rai no ploblem don't worry. Eat your som tam kai yang and dance the morlom and be happy.

I live in Chaiyaphum Province, mid-Isaan & it's been raining pretty well continuously for 10 days now with no signs of stopping, If this doesn't ease soon I predict that Bangkok will have worse... flooding than 2011 so look out all you city-ites it's coming...

Problem is, you can't tend to be less flooded to waist deep. It's an all or nothing thing. Improving the length of the flood from 2 months to one month doesn't have any difference in reality.

So yes, get ready because will anyone be happy if they get flooded the same as last time but for 50% less time or 50% less depth?

Not really, the mess is the same..

Prime Minister with hand on map......I'm off to buy my armbands!

Does she understand or is she simply been briefed to understand a Thai explanation of.... If this happens then we will do this and if that does not work.... Then you have the authority to declare a disaster zone, you can use it for public promotion..... Chinese thinking?..?.??

History is full of examples of leaders telling the masses not to worry about one thing or another. Sometimes the worry is unfounded, but a small consolation when things go the other way. Individual planning is an alternative to relying on the government to take care of things.

In a perverse way another bout of flooding might be just what's needed to wake your average Thai up to the fact that Yingluck and her corrupt party are terrible for the country and could not care less about the poor person. Then maybe a slightly better government might be formed although with the democrats even to better this lot might not be a certainty. Time for a new political force.

In a perverse way another bout of flooding might be just what's needed to wake your average Thai up to the fact that Yingluck and her corrupt party are terrible for the country and could not care less about the poor person. Then maybe a slightly better government might be formed although with the democrats even to better this lot might not be a certainty. Time for a new political force.

Unfortunately THE MAJORITY of Thai people VOTE for what they WANT to believe and without thinking for themselves, that's why they fall prey to the same old INSTANT GUARANTEE SCAM policies that rip them off....

The majority of Thai people just can't accept that there is no such thing as free luxuries

whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Edited by MaxLee

I get the impression that if the flood prevention measures do work the Yingluck bashers on here are going to be disappointed.

No, not disappointed, just amazed !

And what flood prevention measures are we talking about ? Your idol's words of wisdom,perhaps ?

• Like 1

Teeth the folks of north east Ubon Ratchathani. As I drove to Ubon today, both sides of the road Has been flooded and only roofs could be seen.

Don't worry, NO flooding.

Oh how I wish I had some of whatever the Thais smoke, then again I would be a criminal if I did smoke whatever they are on :D :D

Didn't she say the same a couple of years ago when Bangkok was metres under water while passing overhead in a luxury chopper?

As an aside, she doesn't look so 'hot' side-on. rolleyes.gif

Regards your aside I was thinking that as well. Perhaps it is the stress showing that she can safely hide their political incompetence and corruption from the Red Khwai block vote, but floods and the promised controls of them present the hard evidence to the public that won't heel to her stupidity?

Edited by Roadman

Does she understand or is she simply been briefed to understand a Thai explanation of.... If this happens then we will do this and if that does not work.... Then you have the authority to declare a disaster zone, you can use it for public promotion..... Chinese thinking?..?.??

My thoughts are that when a politician is handed technical data (i.e. a map) to paw over in a press environment it is to "inspire confidence". They really wouldn't be arranging this situation if there was nothing to worry about. Sadly for this particular politician she has already had her trial by water and it didn't go too well.

I just wonder what Honda, Toyota, etc are saying right now!

My thoughts are that when a politician is handed technical data (i.e. a map) to paw over in a press environment it is to "inspire confidence". They really wouldn't be arranging this situation if there was nothing to worry about. Sadly for this particular politician she has already had her trial by water and it didn't go too well.

I am sure Honda and Toyota are saying "FILL MORE SANDBAGS!"

• Like 1

I am sure Honda and Toyota are saying "FILL MORE SANDBAGS!"

Compensation fees prepared for the next car SCAM.

Protect Bangkok ONLY BANGKOK screw the rest of Thailand

I understand all the cynicism however what would YL be able to do if she were in the country?

Too easy ..... planning her next trip, no ability to do anything else.

The checks and balances that govern her actions are not in the constitution, they come from far away.