Need Help With AIS 3G

CP3

I was using the same card and phone like one and half month ago for 3g connection. Now when I reached back to BKK, and I tried to use 3g, there is no connection, not even Edge. I know they have changed to 2100Mhz..Do I need to anything?

Do I need to anything?

Probably.

Feel free to share any details.

Assume you have money/balance, validity, coverage, have subscribed to a plan, configured your phone, etc. etc.

My best guess, given that you've provided no information, is that you had a mobile data plan sometime in the past but that it has expired. You may need to add value, and re-subscribe to a mobile data plan, again. But this is just a guess.

Had the same problem yesterday. All of a sudden unable to connect to the Internet, tried everything and gave up and called the call center @1175. Got an english speaking lady who had me back up and running within 3 minutes.

She had me change the following:

Keep in mind this is from a Samsung Note II perspective:

Under Mobile Networks> Access Point Names>

Then select add new APN

Change the Name to - AIS Internet (Caps and space are important)

Authentication Type choose - CHAP (or type it if required) Caps are important

APN Type , enter - default

Then select save

So that was 4 steps under the Access Names Point option and I was back online and functional.

The outage was a result of an upgrade to the new 2100 based system.

• Like 1

well..surprising it seems like my handset doesn't support their 2100mhz. I am using Galaxy W . Even then I should be able to get Edge, right ?

Assuming you are already using your Samsung W on AIS this would mean you have the 900/2100Mhz model, which means it would work on 2100Mhz once properly setup and you switch to their 2100Mhz network. The great, great majority of phones sold in Thailand support 2100Mhz...it's just the lower frequency used by the phone may be 850Mhz for DTAC and True, and 900Mhz for AIS.

I was having similar problems and went into AIS at Pattaya Central festival and they changed my sim card(transferred number over) and got me on 3G 2100, all no charge. Works great now.I have Samsung Ace II.

u'r using prepaid or postpaid?