What exterior eye candy mods have you done to your bike (if any?)

Beardog

Have you done any eye candy exterior mods to your BIKE?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've added CF heel guards, a Driven fuel cap, a Zero Gravity Double Bubble in dark smoke, and Devil preload adjusters. I've also got a Back-Off brake-light modulator.

Before and after shots:

Heel guards:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Fuel cap (stickers also removed):

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Screen:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Adjusters:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Very nice mods indeed. You didn't waste any time getting your new ride fitted up! I meant to put 4 meters of wire instead of $ DOH!

Edited by Beardog

1] I changed handle bars 5 times, now back to standard

2] Moved foot pegs forward a bit, barely noticeable for the eye tho.

3] New color and some artist stuff, happy with result

4] Longer pipes, this is the only mod i dont regret spending money on, beside new color

Edited by poanoi
  • Like 1

You always think a wiring job is gonna be no big deal- then you get started on it...

You got that right. It is enough of a challenge without a gumbo of all the wrong wires & colors not correlating to any electrical code. The only way out was to excorcise all butched wires . Which were anything the dufus touched. In fact the only bolt installed right was the relay for the flashing rear lens . The on off switch was even upside down.

PCX 150: Only YSS XL shocks and a net for the seat and that's it.

Don't want to waste money on "eye candy" mods, what's the point, it's still only a PCX.

A shop in soi bakhao in pattaya have one for sale for 300k baht, <deleted>, that is kawa en6 money, I know which one I prefer.

• Like 1

Well i added accessories and customized the bike based on comments and suggestions meant

to make me discontent with what i had.

After i did all that, i can conclude most of the changes wasnt worth it to me,

and wasnt worth it as an investment, as there is no way to get a full refund in event of sale

Well i added accessories and customized the bike based on comments and suggestions meantto make me discontent with what i had.After i did all that, i can conclude most of the changes wasnt worth it to me, and wasnt worth it as an investment, as there is no way to get a full refund in event of sale

Very few if any modify there car or bike with the intention of making a profit, it's a hobby and I can say from experience a very expensive hobby, it makes me and others happy so all is good, what is good for one person may not be good for another it's the way of the world!

I've added CF heel guards, a Driven fuel cap, a Zero Gravity Double Bubble in dark smoke, and Devil preload adjusters. I've also got a Back-Off brake-light modulator.

Before and after shots:

Heel guards:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Fuel cap (stickers also removed):

image.jpg

image.jpg

Screen:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Adjusters:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Awesome bike but far to much money for me!!

Why should it matter what bike you have, people add accessories because that's what they want to do, so what if its just a PCX it's the persons PCX he should be able to do what he likes to it, it's his money, up to them! I add lots if extras even knowing its all lost money, what makes you happy cant be bad! we have a shop here that sells modified PCX's big money, there's obviously a market for this so good luck to them! attachicon.gif

A few of my mods so far on my Forza, waiting for the Aparpovic to arrive, waiting for the big brake disc to arrive, my friends little boy loves the spinner so will get it for him, all lost money when the time comes to sell but I am a modifier who adds things purely for my own satisfaction!

Well I don't mind others do it, why should I, their money/bike so up to them.

I guess it's a kind of hobby for them.

I just said that I consider it a waste of money which is my opinion but with the amount of modified pcx's I see in Pattaya many have a different view.

I like my standard looking pcx as it is and as said earlier the YSS rear shocks are a huge improvement in handling, so it was a necessary modification.

Why should it matter what bike you have, people add accessories because that's what they want to do, so what if its just a PCX it's the persons PCX he should be able to do what he likes to it, it's his money, up to them! I add lots if extras even knowing its all lost money, what makes you happy cant be bad! we have a shop here that sells modified PCX's big money, there's obviously a market for this so good luck to them! Posted Image

A few of my mods so far on my Forza, waiting for the Aparpovic to arrive, waiting for the big brake disc to arrive, my friends little boy loves the spinner so will get it for him, all lost money when the time comes to sell but I am a modifier who adds things purely for my own satisfaction!

Well I don't mind others do it, why should I, their money/bike so up to them.

I guess it's a kind of hobby for them.

I just said that I consider it a waste of money which is my opinion but with the amount of modified pcx's I see in Pattaya many have a different view.

I like my standard looking pcx as it is and as said earlier the YSS rear shocks are a huge improvement in handling, so it was a necessary modification.

You don't have to do it!! Many people like there cars and bikes standard, many like to add new wheels or maybe a better looking and sounding exhaust, it's all about personnel preference, I think it's great to see modified cars and bikes it brightens up the day along with the sunshine!

The appearance mods I listed cost maybe 10K total (and, really, only the heel guards are 100% cosmetic- everything else has another function)- I have several other performance modifications, and that's what I spent the bulk of my aftermarket money on.

I couldn't care less if what I've done has no positive effect on resale value- I've got all the stock parts and can replace everything if necessary with OEM stuff- my goal was to create the best possible bike for my own personal desires- there's nothing I've done that I regret.

• Like 1

When you do those changes it's just for you trying to get your money back good luck

Mods on a bike have absolutely zero about getting money back. If you don't have a decent bike to start with why bother. I don't think I would do too much on a scooter. Mods for your ride are more a statement of personal preference on how you want your ride to look feel & handle. I never spent more than a customizing a seat & yss shocks on my scooters. But most bigger bikes you know you are going to spend 20-80,000 on mods to make it your pride & joy. Not all things are about money. I have an engine that I paid $200,000 at an auction for breast cancer that is a Jack Roush motor that Mark Martin won in the NASCAR Winston Cup in 1997 at Sears Point where I race. I was there at this race.

Will I ever get my money back..Probably not but I didn't get it for making money. It is my Baby & well worth every hard earned cent I paid for it!

• Like 2

When you do those changes it's just for you trying to get your money back good luck

Mods on a bike have absolutely zero about getting money back. If you don't have a decent bike to start with why bother. I don't think I would do too much on a scooter. Mods for your ride are more a statement of personal preference on how you want your ride to look feel & handle. I never spent more than a customizing a seat & yss shocks on my scooters. But most bigger bikes you know you are going to spend 20-80,000 on mods to make it your pride & joy. Not all things are about money. I have an engine that I paid $200,000 at an auction for breast cancer that is a Jack Roush motor that Mark Martin won in the NASCAR Winston Cup in 1997 at Sears Point where I race. I was there at this race.

Will I ever get my money back..Probably not but I didn't get it for making money. It is my Baby & well worth every hard earned cent I paid for it!

I don't understand your quote, "if you don't have a decent bike why bother" what is a decent bike? to some it is what they can afford, mods have nothing to do with getting money back it is a hobby and something people do to make something there's in a style that suits them, mods can be extreme, have you seen some of the big scooters, here are a few examples for you, too extreme for me but I can appreciate the effort that has been put into bikes like this.post-166124-13798210244389_thumb.jpgpost-166124-13798210350491_thumb.jpgpost-166124-13798210450724_thumb.jpgpost-166124-13798210542745_thumb.jpgpost-166124-13798210627939_thumb.jpg

I have a 2011 Kawasaki KSR and have done the following :

Scott Grips

SP Takegawa Fork Adjusters

Bride Seat

Kitaco LED Blinkers

Daytona BSC Mirrors

Pro Taper SE Bars

Dunlop 'Moto GP' Tires

YSS Rear shock

AC+ Rear Tail Light / Number Plate bracket

Tsukigi Exhaust System

Daiichi Rims

Kawasaki Team Green Graphics

SP Takegawa Oil Drain Bolt

SP Takegawa Foot Pegs

Faito Japan Lead & Coil

Bikers Levers

Bikers Oil Cap

Bikers Front Sprocket Cover

Bikers Bar Clap Set

Bikers Front & Rear Brake fluid Caps

Kawasaki Rear Foot Pegs

SP Takegawa Fuel Cap

Sp Takegawa Clutch Kit

Still need to get a SP Takegawa 138cc bore up kit for it, but spend most of my money and time on my KE~70 Corolla.

I wouldn't bother doing anything to a scooter if I had one except practical things like suspension,mirrors & grips.

post-146103-0-33426600-1379822122_thumb.

post-146103-0-49565500-1379822215_thumb.

• Like 1

I think the definition of a bike "worth it" is a bike you "are in love with".

Didnt work out for me, i tried to switch hobby from gogo to something more sustainable

from a financial standpoint, in this case a bike and being a biker,

but the interest was never there for me, it just became another expense on top of gogo expense :wai:

Edited by poanoi

I have a 2011 Kawasaki KSR and have done the following :

Scott Grips

SP Takegawa Fork Adjusters

Bride Seat

Kitaco LED Blinkers

Daytona BSC Mirrors

Pro Taper SE Bars

Dunlop 'Moto GP' Tires

YSS Rear shock

AC+ Rear Tail Light / Number Plate bracket

Tsukigi Exhaust System

Daiichi Rims

Kawasaki Team Green Graphics

SP Takegawa Oil Drain Bolt

SP Takegawa Foot Pegs

Faito Japan Lead & Coil

Bikers Levers

Bikers Oil Cap

Bikers Front Sprocket Cover

Bikers Bar Clap Set

Bikers Front & Rear Brake fluid Caps

Kawasaki Rear Foot Pegs

SP Takegawa Fuel Cap

Sp Takegawa Clutch Kit

Still need to get a SP Takegawa 138cc bore up kit for it, but spend most of my money and time on my KE~70 Corolla.

I wouldn't bother doing anything to a scooter if I had one except practical things like suspension,mirrors & grips.

Nice bike which you like, some people like scooters and do more to them than you have done to your bike, what an interesting world we live in!!

• Like 2

Didnt work out for me, i tried to switch hobby from gogo to something more sustainable

but the interest was never there for me, it just became another expense on top of gogo expense :wai:

I assume by gogo you mean girls! I would never waste my money on that sort of thing!! modifying is something you have to be interested in other wise what's the point!

A taxi driver(semi-retired)for in excess of 25 years.A biker till i die.Apart from a high screen,and front and rear crash bars have not added anything to my Kawasaki boss.From the age of 16 till now, i've owned a number of bikes ranging from a 49cc rev and go moped to a Honda cbr1000,but can honestly state,it's the best bike i've ever owned.Fantastic consumption and reliability, and takes me all over this wonderful land.Does anyone remember the sticker that went on the top box, in the UK that stated''Next to sex,I love my Kawasaki/Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki the best''

I don't understand your quote, "if you don't have a decent bike why bother" what is a decent bike? to some it is what they can afford, mods have nothing to do with getting money back it is a hobby and something people do to make something there's in a style that suits them, mods can be extreme, have you seen some of the big scooters, here are a few examples for you, too extreme for me but I can appreciate the effort that has been put into bikes like this.attachicon.gif

I think he mean: you can put as much lipstick on a pig as you want, but it's still a pigbiggrin.png

• Like 1

I don't understand your quote, "if you don't have a decent bike why bother" what is a decent bike? to some it is what they can afford, mods have nothing to do with getting money back it is a hobby and something people do to make something there's in a style that suits them, mods can be extreme, have you seen some of the big scooters, here are a few examples for you, too extreme for me but I can appreciate the effort that has been put into bikes like this.Posted Image
I think he mean: you can put as much lipstick on a pig as you want, but it's still a pigPosted Image

Even pigs are beautiful to some people!!

• Like 1

I don't understand your quote, "if you don't have a decent bike why bother" what is a decent bike? to some it is what they can afford, mods have nothing to do with getting money back it is a hobby and something people do to make something there's in a style that suits them, mods can be extreme, have you seen some of the big scooters, here are a few examples for you, too extreme for me but I can appreciate the effort that has been put into bikes like this.attachicon.gif

I think he mean: you can put as much lipstick on a pig as you want, but it's still a pigbiggrin.png

Even pigs are beautiful to some people!!

A pcx is not a decent "bike" in my eyes, it's a nice scooter for city commuting but for the highway, no thanks.

It make more sense to me to spend a lot of money on Harley modifications than on pcx mods.

A expat friend of mine visited Pattaya on his Yamaha FJR 1300 and we were riding on my pcx visiting different bike shops around town.

He saw a Forza for the first time (he lives way out in the sticks north east) and he said, fxxx me it's ugly manbiggrin.pngclap2.gif

I didn't argue with himwink.png

I assume by gogo you mean girls! I would never waste my money on that sort of thing!! modifying is something you have to be interested in other wise what's the point!

Well the point was to induce some sort of interest,

if i pretend hard enuff it might come true, but it didnt.

go-go to me means partying with enormous quantities of beer,

and a bunch of naked woman for the ambiance

• Like 2