Blue eyed Thai

fredd

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know 1 50+yr old Thai who has a stall in our local Isaan market who has the most beautiful set of blue eyes, other than these she looks completely Isann Thai.. who knows, I think she's a bit old to be a Vietnam war baby, but all sorts of genetic throwbacks happen, either way I bet all the young Poo Chai's of her generation were after her.. she still looks v.striking now...

That is indeed very rare. And they are going to stay blue. Be proud.

Why should he be proud because his child has blue eyes, does it make him better than brown eyed children 1zgarz5.gif

He should be proud no matter what colour eyes his child has.wink.png

• Like 1

I know 1 50+yr old Thai who has a stall in our local Isaan market who has the most beautiful set of blue eyes, other than these she looks completely Isann Thai.. who knows, I think she's a bit old to be a Vietnam war baby, but all sorts of genetic throwbacks happen, either way I bet all the young Poo Chai's of her generation were after her.. she still looks v.striking now...

Sounds more like cataracts, my grandfather in law had blue eyes too, blue from the cataracts.

To be perfectly honest, one of the things that make me think twice about eventually fathering a child with an asian woman would be that my blue eyed genes would be lost. Most of the world has brown or black eyes and I think blue eyes are worth trying to preserve.

Congrats on your blue eyed daughter, hope they last.

• Like 1

To be perfectly honest, one of the things that make me think twice about eventually fathering a child with an asian woman would be that my blue eyed genes would be lost. Most of the world has brown or black eyes and I think blue eyes are worth trying to preserve.

Genes do not get lost.

They may not show up, when combined with a gene that has a dominant effect, but they remain intact as they are handed down through the generations.

Your blue eyed gene has no chance of " disappearing".

• Like 1

Genes do not get lost.

They may not show up, when combined with a gene that has a dominant effect, but they remain intact as they are handed down through the generations.

Your blue eyed gene has no chance of " disappearing".

With each brown eyed generation they get less probable.

Very true, you are quite right, especially if your kids marry Asians. But don't forget, your blue eyed genes came direct from your grandparents, who got them from their grandparents, and so on , very far back.

So those blue eyed genes , the same ones, are in thousands upon thousands of your distant but living relatives, right now. They may not show up in your particular branch, but they won't disappear, that's really what I was getting at....

I was born with blue eyes Now in my adult life I have Green Eyes

Go figure

Light eyes are light sensitive

If your falang then we are all born with blue eyes.

Hmm, read this ten times and I still don't get it.

Can someone enlighten me?

My post? Western children are born with blue eyes that change color or stay blue. Light eyes being light sensitive is something I've never heard of. Not saying it's not true just first I've ever heard.

Saw a series of experiments once - it turns out blue eyed people cope better with the cold, but less well with heat (although it is likely that it is coincidental that blue eyes and genes that relate to coping with cold temperatures occur in the same people due to the original source location) - so sounds reasonable to me that the same would be true with ability to cope with brightness (no different from melanin levels - hot countries, skin colour is darker due to melanin).

Human babies are born too early (most mammals are more mature at birth - being able to stand etc) - this is probably because of the head size in humans. Eye pigment develops over the following few months (up to 3 years I believe). Hair colour too changes, but can take a lot longer to change - my infant photos (up to about 6) show me with white blonde hair, by 16 my hair was dark brown - now (early 40s) it has reddened a little (with a dose of salt of course) and actually mismatches my beard (when it gets long it looks like a bad dye job :D). My daughters had very light brown hair as toddlers, now in their teens they have mid brown hair - but with strands of red through chocolate.

I believe it has been proved that eye pigment is not reliant on a single gene, but a combination.

As each parent donates one set of chromosomes which are mixed and matched to give four versions of each chromosome (gamete), If the attribute (eye colour) was only based on one gene, then both parents would need the recessive gene and 75% of offspring (3 in 4) would have the gene passed (only 25% - 1 in 4 - would not have the dominant gene, assuming both parents had non-blue eyes, so were carrying the blue eye gene recessively - and thus have blue eyes). The 4th child inheriting both sets of non-blue, eye-colour genes, would loose the trait on going.

However, as multiple genes are involved, it becomes a lot more "messy" and can crop up again in later crosses - this also explain why shades and mixes happen. Interesting stuff smile.png

//Edit: Missed a word, so grammar

Edited by wolf5370

The pigment in my eyes do change colour.

Sometimes a green

Sometimes brownish

Sometimes Greyish

My gf looks in my eyes, sees brown and knows I've been drinking Singha or Leo

Sees green and knows that either Carlsberg or Heineken

Grey ... I get a kiss, because that means just water ... facepalm.gif

I'm fairly sure that the member here Samran has a blue-eyed child.

Cute bub BTW ... thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

The force within you was strong.

that is correct. Samran posted a picture in the thread "show your half-asian child".

Shucks guys, any excuse to show off (the one in the middle)

post-441-0-13253500-1369829990_thumb.jpg
Edited by samran
  • Like 2

I've met a number of adult Thais with blue eyes, there's a family in Sriracha I know personally who have blue eyes right across the whole extended family, aunts, cousins, uncles etc.

Also twenty odd years ago I got a ride in peddle samlor in Phitsanalok, the rider, a guy in is 50s had blue eyes, I asked him if he had any Farang relatives, he said no and explained that in his family blue eyes were common.

Jumped into a taxi a few weeks back. Had to do a double take. The driver, in his 60's had fair but brown skin and green eyes (think Imran Khan). I took a look at his driver ID on the dash board and he had a foriegn name and a Thai ID starting with a number indicating some sort of foreign parentage.

Turns out his mum was Thai, he was born and bred in Chiang Mai. His dad was half English and half Afghani who settled in Thailand. He said there a few families like his where we was from (must have been a few come over). In his younger days you could tell he would have been a pretty handsome bloke.

The pigment in my eyes do change colour.

Sometimes a green

Sometimes brownish

Sometimes Greyish

My gf looks in my eyes, sees brown and knows I've been drinking Singha or Leo

Sees green and knows that either Carlsberg or Heineken

Grey ... I get a kiss, because that means just water ... facepalm.gif

Mine do too - not with drink though. when I'm sick they are bright green, cat like. Other days they from bluish to hazel, to green.

• Like 1

Having met samran on many occasions, and being conscious that he has a face like a welder's bench, it is truly a miracle that he managed to produce such a cute child.

Indeed, if it wasn't for my wife's stunning looks, I'd be horrified to think how she could have turned out. Buckets to cover both our heads.

Cute bub BTW ... thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

Still cute ... given that the photo was taken in 2006 (according to the date stamp) what does he/she look like now?

Having met samran on many occasions, and being conscious that he has a face like a welder's bench

... cheesy.gif

Still cute ... given that the photo was taken in 2006 (according to the date stamp) what does he/she look like now?

Sorry Dave,

That would be telling...

• Like 1