Thousands arrested in Pattaya Crime Crackdown Operation

webfact

Thousands arrested in Pattaya Crime Crackdown Operation

police-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Police General Wutti, Senior Adviser to the National Police Commissioner, presided over a press conference at Pattaya Police Station on Sunday, to announce the results of a six-week crime crackdown operation involving various Police divisions based in Pattaya.

The crackdown, which took place between 12th August and 20th September, involved Pattaya Police, Pattaya Immigration Police and Pattaya Tourist Police and resulted in the arrest of 5,185 people in 3,909 cases which involve illegal drugs, firearms and visa overstay offences.

The General explained to the gathered media that similar crackdowns are taking place in all of Thailand’s major tourist destinations to demonstrate to Thai and foreign tourists that they are serious about solving crime [read more...]

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/103434/thousands-arrested-pattaya-crime-crackdown-operation/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-09-23

That's approximately 102 cases, and 136 arrests per day.

I find it hard to believe the Pattaya BIB could be this active in between ripping off motorcyclists and drinking coffee. They probably included parking tickets in their statistics gathering, if indeed the numbers are legitimate.

At b.1,000 penalty each for being found guilty but let go with a warning.. not bad day's work

take home payola...

• Like 2

Lots of criminals in Thailand (Pattaya) then it seems, foreign and domestic. How do these numbers stack up against a comparative city in the "west"?

There is no city that I've heard of in either West or East that can be compared to Pattaya. Second thoughts, maybe Angeles City on the PI. How do these compare?

Lots of criminals in Thailand (Pattaya) then it seems, foreign and domestic. How do these numbers stack up against a comparative city in the "west"?

There is no city that I've heard of in either West or East that can be compared to Pattaya. Second thoughts, maybe Angeles City on the PI. How do these compare?

Angeles City = bah.gif

• Like 1

So now it is back to normal and for a year or two there will be no more crackdowns.

Good job, back to daily routine thumbsup.gif

not quite.

they could not lock up about 4000 criminals.there is no jail big enough !

So they had to let them go.(to start stealing again to cut their losses)

Day two ,prob 50% was arrested again .....?

So after 30 days,some were arrested every 2 or 3 days?

How many crooks were not arrested during those 30 days?

Another 4000 ? or 40 000 ?

I feel very safe now.

beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

I don't think there is any comparative city in the west. Lots of criminals descend on Pattaya because there are so many tourists of many nationalities there, which mean easy pickings for them, and I don't mean just Thai criminals. Can you think of any other city in the west that attracts as much sex tourists as Pattaya?

I find it hard to believe the Pattaya BIB could be this active in between ripping off motorcyclists and drinking coffee. They probably included parking tickets in their statistics gathering, if indeed the numbers are legitimate.

Why do you say ripping off motorcyclists? It is the LAW to wear a helmet.

wait until they stop you,your helmet and papers ok and still they force you to pay !

Happened to me 2 times .

• Like 2

What about a motorcyclist that has his bike picked up for parking in a motorcycle bay, and has to pay 400 Baht to get it back. Yes, that was me.

• Like 1

I don't think there is any comparative city in the west. Lots of criminals descend on Pattaya because there are so many tourists of many nationalities there, which mean easy pickings for them, and I don't mean just Thai criminals. Can you think of any other city in the west that attracts as much sex tourists as Pattaya?

Criminals go where they can make money, and with a city like Pattaya, where so many are off their guard, and with alcohol playing a large factor, I guess it's not surprising to find a lot of criminals there.

I was curious to see if anyone else thought there was somewhere else outside of Thailand that had the same "numbers" . . .

• Like 2

Pattaya?! Thousands? Are they sure it isn't Bangkok or some other metropolitan, highly populated area? Well further enforces and proves my opinion and declaration that Pattaya is no longer a vacation destination that it used to be.

Overall, its not fair to single out one province as there seems to be headlines everywhere within Thailand and the world. Nothing is what it used to be and I don't want to begin to think what the future for Pattaya, Thailand or other places in the world holds.

The crackdown persay is a good start. Again though I must ask of the thousands arrested who were the unlucky ones, how many were able to pay a bribe and not be arrested?

Vietnamese street vendors and petty criminals arrested by Pattaya Police - See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/103425/vietnamese-street-vendors-petty-criminals-arrested-pattaya-police/#sthash.nzW0OfoD.dpuf

"A total of 42 Vietnamese Nationals, including one child, were arrested during the operation which began at the Gun Anaek Apartments and concluded at a Townhouse situated 500 meters from the apartment block. At both locations the Vietnamese were detained and items such as flowers, which they would sell at entertainment areas around Pattaya, along with motorbikes were seized."

These "petty criminals" must be some of the "thousands" of criminals and "foreigners" arrested. There's not much worse than illegal flower sellers!

Edited by atsiii

Amsterdam , smile.png

I wonder how YOU stack up with other dolts in the West ...

What's your point . . . ? How do you stack up? And what are we comparing?

The law, don;t make me laugh. The highest incidents of law breaking happens on a daily basis by those impowered to uphold the law.

Not wearing a helmet is indeed rather stupid in this dangerous and lawless society, however, motorcyclists suffer from many more tribulations than headgear. They are an easy and soft target.

• Like 1

http://list25.com/the-25-most-dangerous-cities-on-earth/

london comes in at 23 on this list of most dangerous cities in the world , pattaya did not even get on the list !!!

I was really thinking more along the lines of which countries/cities have the most "criminals" within their cities rather than which city is most dangerous.

I would think Pattaya doesn't rank highly because a lot of the deaths are "suicides" allegedly.