Starting Settlement visa application

We are just getting under way with my wife's settlement visa.
She has recently met the English language requirements at Vantage Siam in Bangkok, and now we want to start the application.
Just to confirm, despite changing its name, the website to use is still: ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk, right ?
In order to meet the financial requirements I will need to show my income from rental property in UK and some savings.
Our two children both have UK passports. Do we need to include them in calculating how much income is required?
Is it still correct that rental income has to be on bank statements covering the previous 12 months (as against 6 months for a salary)?
Can I show savings I have in a joint account with my sister ? I think the answer to this is no but it would make things simpler if I could sneak them in!
We are in the process of buying a house in UK but the sale may or may not be completed before the application is submitted. In the meantime, we can say we are going to stay with my mother whose house would pass the overcrowding criteria. Would this be acceptable?
Any replies gratefully received.
PS I remember reading a very good thread on finance requirements last year but can't seem to find it now.

If your children have UK passports your wife needs to meet the basic requirement of 18,600 pounds.

What is your gross rental income from your properties as long as its sufficient that will suffice.

How many rooms does you mother have refer to the 1985 housing act which gives you an idea.

For the evidence required to show rental income, see Para 10(a) of Appendix FM-SE - Family members - specified evidence

Cash savings must be in your name, your wife's name or both of you jointly (see Para 7.1.1 here). So I don't think you can use joint savings with your sister.

She could gift her share to you; but you would need to show that it is a gift, not a loan, and that the money had been under your complete control for at least 6 months prior to the application.

Edited by 7by7