D-Max V Cross vs Vigo 4 x 4

Resa

I bought my Vigo 4 door manual gear box top of the range six years ago. Best thing I ever bought. Never given me one ounce of trouble. The engine is phenomenal and she goes like a rocket, and off road she is superb; as good as a land rover!

I'm sure our better-heeled English members just spat their tea all over the keyboard reading that tongue.png

It was coffee.................laugh.png

But it does put you in a bit of a tight spot. Either admitting the Vigo is not the best at anything, or letting your heritage down ...

T.A.'s Indian?

• 2 weeks later...

Made the same choice, bought the Toyota. The thing that finalized my decision was which car I could get in a reasonable time-frame. Isuzu was my first choice, but the Toyota arrived first. I would have preferred the Isuzu, but at the time, they were still quoting me several weeks (without any confidence), and the Toyota had arrived, so I took it. Very happy with it, don't regret it.

I bought my Vigo 4 door manual gear box top of the range six years ago. Best thing I ever bought. Never given me one ounce of trouble. The engine is phenomenal and she goes like a rocket, and off road she is superb; as good as a land rover!

I'm sure our better-heeled English members just spat their tea all over the keyboard reading that tongue.png

It was coffee.................laugh.png

But it does put you in a bit of a tight spot. Either admitting the Vigo is not the best at anything, or letting your heritage down ...

I have never owned a Toyota before. Did not like the comfort of their saloons. But in the UK the best motor engineer I have ever known always bought Toyota's cos he wanted a ride he did not have to fool with, he had enough on his plate. So when I came to LOS and wanted an auto truck, not a limo, it had to be a Toyota. Buy and forget. I did and and l have. I have driven other folks rides since I have been here and was glad to get back into my own ride.

• Like 1

There is only one current generation truck available in Thailand, and that is the Ford/Mazda.

Most of the others are one or two (Toyota) generatilns behind.

That being said, generally speaking, Fords after service is poor, and Toyota's is good.

You have to decide whether you want to buy the best truckmor a truck that has the best after sales service or resale value.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There is only one current generation truck available in Thailand, and that is the Ford/Mazda.

Most of the others are one or two (Toyota) generatilns behind.

That being said, generally speaking, Fords after service is poor, and Toyota's is good.

You have to decide whether you want to buy the best truckmor a truck that has the best after sales service or resale value.

You could also argue that Ford and Mazda were a generation behind, and are only catching up with their latest offerings ;)

The DMax and Colorado are both new-ish still - you couldn't say they're desperate for a refresh yet.

That said, I suspect that when the new Toyota, Mitsu and Nissan trucks launch, at least one of them will up the game enough to make everything available currently seem a bit dated....

The GM trucks brought nothing new to their designs with their latest releases. Just another reskin of an already dated platform.

The previous generation Colorado used an Isuzu platform. In the current gen, DMax/Mu-X and Coloarado/TB all use the new GMI-700 platform (AKA: GMT-700, 31UX, RT-50). It's much more than just a facelift - it was developed in Brasil and IIRC, it took some 6 years and $800M.