Sexual assault: Former Thai policeman kidnaps, murders his victim

webfact

Case was still being deliberated by the Supreme Court or perhaps waiting to go to the Supreme Court so he could not be locked up he was out maybe on bail pending the 2nd Appeal. Ist Appeal upheld the lower court. The question is should this have gone to the Supreme Court he has already been found guilty so on a question of a rule of law. This all sounds like lawyers protracting the event and not the Police.

And this was one of the good cops! Time to close down the organized crime gang known as the RTP, and have a big rethink on the justice system in Thailand.

Time to rethink everything and stop the giggles from the rest of the first world. Why does noooooooooooo gov here look at stuff. sad.png

Fingers in pies perhaps, I don't know, but I do know nothing is changing.

This, "it happens everywhere" defence is getting very tiring.

Can we resolve to say that, in more developed countries, such as the US and the EU, bad stuff happens less, frequently and to less severity and that in less developed and more corrupt places than Thailand such as, Somalia, Afghanistan and Iraq, it sometimes happens more often.

ok, so some people will say (or have said), this is indicative of thai police officers, or the thai judicial process. if this man was so infatuated or infuriated with this woman, that only did he not rape and then kill her ...post-thought process ...after bail. I'm not sure what measures could have been to prevent. Ok ... so don't give him bail? All rapists? The point being, if this guy is that determined, he could have killed her the first time, there would be no answers then. No one to blame, there were no signs, etc. People snap, and in his case, snap again. Not sure what i'm trying to say, but u can't say all thai cops are not like this, some let me off with major infractions, and i'm sure other cops in other countries have done some crazy shit. what's my point? is my rangist (phathumthani) house flooding this year? two years ago this November! haven't seen it since

Ahh those wacky Thai police........ Always sort of amusing to see their constant presence as a creator of crime,

rather than a force to stop crime. First he attempts to intimidate the witness against him, and then he kills her.

Maybe time for Thailand to rethink their bail laws........

What laws? The rich or connected walk and the peasants rot in prison. I know a Thai friend who is doing 4 years because when the police pulled over their taxi her bf put his 5 tabs of ya-ba in her purse. 5 hits gets her 4 years. Rape murder and stealing millions gets not one hour in jail. When Thailand starts the revolution I will volunteer to man the guillotine.

And this was one of the good cops! Time to close down the organized crime gang known as the RTP, and have a big rethink on the justice system in Thailand.

Not such an unrealistic prospect, Georgia done similar a little while ago, sacked the entire police force for similar reasons, they trained new recruits with 'western' tactics etc, now apparently they're a model police force, we can live in hope can't we...

"The Criminal Court had found the suspect guilty as charged, and he was subsequently given a dishonorable discharge from the ranks by the police force".

Dishonorable discharge? That's it?

Ms. Supawadee and the boy have been murdered twice, once by the police officer and once by the system.

Outrageous

R.I.P

Sure is; 10 to life most elsewhere!

It's like the Thai legal justice system is a socio economic experiment more than a legal system.

It's like the Thai legal justice system is a socio < POWER > and economic experiment more than a legal system.

absolutely agreed !

ok, so some people will say (or have said), this is indicative of thai police officers, or the thai judicial process. if this man was so infatuated or infuriated with this woman, that only did he not rape and then kill her ...post-thought process ...after bail. I'm not sure what measures could have been to prevent. Ok ... so don't give him bail? All rapists? The point being, if this guy is that determined, he could have killed her the first time, there would be no answers then. No one to blame, there were no signs, etc. People snap, and in his case, snap again. Not sure what i'm trying to say, but u can't say all thai cops are not like this, some let me off with major infractions, and i'm sure other cops in other countries have done some crazy shit. what's my point? is my rangist (phathumthani) house flooding this year? two years ago this November! haven't seen it since

My God! what infractions are you refering to? You seem to be having a pretty major infraction while writing your comment. Go check out rehab for gods sake!

My God! what infractions are you refering to? You seem to be having a pretty major infraction while writing your comment. Go check out rehab for gods sake!

I think what he's arguing is that the cop could've been innocent and killed the woman for ruining his life on the basis that if he were guilty he would've killed her earlier on to cover up the matter. I think however it's more reflective of the typical guilt-less syndrome experienced by male rapists - it looks like justice found him - and that right soon.

Absolutely tragic and heartbreaking story, I only pray that somehow the families of the young lad and the lady, can manage to find a way to cope with their terrible loss in the years ahead.

RIP.

Edited by Yunla

Pol.Col. Witipoj Pojanakom, commander of Bang Saphan District in the province, said Mr. Somboon would still be charged posthumously with murders per Thai laws.

That doesn't make sense.

I think it makes perfect sense, after all in the Dark Ages and Middle Ages in the UK, people were tried for Witchcraft posthumously and if found guilty they used to dig up their bones and burn them! True that! So there is a connection somewhere in that story with Thailand as to what era eon we are living in.

I imagine whoever the 'Judas' was that took the 30 pieces of silver to allow the ex-policeman to circumvent judicial punishment and kill these two innocents will absolve themselves of all sin tomorrow by going and giving a bowl of fruit to a statue at a near bye temple tomorrow! That will make everything better again!

• Like 2

Can we resolve to say that, in more developed countries, such as the US and the EU, bad stuff happens less, frequently and to less severity and that in less developed and more corrupt places than Thailand such as, Somalia, Afghanistan and Iraq, it sometimes happens more often.

Impossible. It's a default defense on this forum. The best way to avoid it is to ignore it. Edited by hookedondhamma

Case was still being deliberated by the Supreme Court or perhaps waiting to go to the Supreme Court so he could not be locked up he was out maybe on bail pending the 2nd Appeal. Ist Appeal upheld the lower court. The question is should this have gone to the Supreme Court he has already been found guilty so on a question of a rule of law. This all sounds like lawyers protracting the event and not the Police.

In more civilised societies, those convicted of a serious crime such as rape are sentenced and serve time. If there's an appeal they don't get set free. In fact they would be held on remand and not granted bail.

Many, many posts criticising the Thai legal, justice and police system. They are all connected and the most obvious common denominator is corruption.

Could this incident have happened in most developed countries countries? I honestly believe it is very, very unlikely.

Why wasn't he dishonorably discharged and then sent to a prison for the rape???

I believe one is a police administrative procedure and one a judicial procedure. Two different entities and one not necessarily activating the other.

civilian over site, is what is needed a board of respected civilians that have not vested interest in the police force and were all deeds of police misconduct are reported. this was not his first time, like all criminals this was the time he got caught. just image how long he has been doing this to women and he went through the same drill with them to avoid any penalties. the outrage should be directed at the women's groups that should have been monitoring and pressuring the police force about the animals in their ranks. where are the thai civilians on this, passive as always demand better and get better. where is the thai outrage about this

Impossible. It's a default defense on this forum. The best way to avoid it is to ignore it.

I mean gruesome tragedies do happen.

But reading this stuff in the Thai papers this crap goes on every day. Even worse, the system keeps allowing it to happen and nothing changes.

It happens everywhere.

No it doesn't and not in the same way or frequency.