Maltese Tourist encounters thieving Ladyboy's on Pattaya Beach

webfact

Maltese Tourist encounters thieving Ladyboy's on Pattaya Beach

malta-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 73 year old Maltese Tourist has vowed never to come back to Pattaya after he became the victim of a street robbery on Pattaya Beach early on Tuesday Morning.

Mr. Alfred Carabott made his way to Pattaya Police Station after the incident which occurred in front of the Royal Garden Plaza.

He described 4-5 Ladyboys who surrounded him and made a variety of sexually orientated gestures and comments to distract him while one of them stole his Wallet which contained 2,000 Baht and 230 Euros.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/103584/maltese-tourist-encounters-thieving-ladyboys-pattaya-beach/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-09-24

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...E230 and a couple thousand baht to last out another month...another one of those quality tourists.

When someone carries a lot of money TV members say he is a fool, if he carries a sensible amount he is labelled a "dosser" or "farang kee nok"

On TV every victim is in a LOSE-LOSE situation!

Why not just assume and accept that he is an intelligent tourist and gets money from the ATM when he needs it, like most of us do.

At the end of the article: "Mr. Carabott is due to return to Malta on 17th October but now has no money to continue his Holiday."

Wow...E230 and a couple thousand baht to last out another month...another one of those quality tourists.

How much do you carry around with you, at night in Pattaya? The bottom line is that you avoid the ladyboys in Pattaya like the bubonic plague. They are nothing but trouble. I suppose some of them might be good people, but most are scam artists, and many are criminals. If you see one on the street approaching you, walk away quickly. Do not engage them. Never allow yourself to be surrounded by a group of them. Caution, and awareness. Make a scene, walk away quickly, do what you have to do, but do not allow yourself to fall into the predicament that this guy found himself in. Do not allow it. And yes, the police in Pattaya are about as useful as the rest of the thai police force. They are basically a revenue collection agency, NOT a law enforcement agency. There may be 4 competent detectives in the entire country. Maybe.

• Like 2

About THB 10,000 to last another month? I spent more than that this past weekend......

Whoopee do! You must be one of those high roller quality tourists that the government want to encourage!

No Cheapie Charlie for you then.

high roller? Not really, but I like to stay in a nice hotel. And I certainly could not survive on THB 10,000 for a month....

I guess the tourist court that was established to provide protection and safety for tourists isn't working. Tourists are still being assaulted and robbed. To think they expected a court to make the streets safer is just laughable. Did they really expect just because they hang up a sign on a building reading "Tourist Court" criminals would stop targeting foreigners, especially when it is only open for a total of 20 hours per week. 4.30 to 8.30 p.m Monday to Friday.

What they need is more courts patrolling the streets. They could always go back to the old fashioned method and actually have a police force who does something other than committing the crimes or running the rackets.

Where are the ladyboys? I don't even see any pointers. cheesy.gif wub.png

They said they are looking for them.

But This tourist must be the poorest having only 2K Baht and a couple Hundred Euros. How was he going to survive on that? I think he is lying about everything. whistling.gif

2,000 Baht and 230 Euros.
2,000 Baht and 230 Euros.

And where did it say this was all the money he had in the world?

I think he is trying to get a sympathy sub!

Edited by jacko45k

Not very smart of him to be walking in a dark tree lined area, late at night with his entire funds on him. Or am I missing something ? Maybe he had the money because he was about to go "shopping". laugh.png

He was in-front of the Royal Garden Plaza on Beach Rd!

Although the Christmas illuminations aren't up yet it is fairly central and well lit.

And where did it say this was all the money he had in the world?

As he's asking his embassy for help to go home (or finish his holiday!) it would appear he is not in fact well off.

Edited by Upnotover

So, you know nothing about the guy's situation, but make a judgement anyway. Perhaps he's staying with friends or has pre-paid his accommodation. Maybe he doesn't drink or take ladies from the bar and that's plenty for him . He looks respectable enough, so why the insults? Why do so many people here at Thaivisa seem only to look for the worst in people. That's usually a sign of very low self-esteeem.

• Like 1

what makes a quality tourist according to you ????? maybe that guy had credit cards , cash in a hotel room safe ??? before to comment with such negative words ... just think ... if possible

"Now has no money to continue his vacation." Is English your second language?

It is possible he has no money to continue his vacation because he lost his credit/bank cards in his wallet.