Apple TV

Banzai99

Easy solution, Have a country of your chose iTunes account ( Us has the most content) get a sudo VPN that handles dns queries like un-block (goggle it) put those addresses in you apple tv and thats it, besides paying netflix hulu nhl mls

Also, besides paying un-block another US$5/month for their service.

But to watch the content (while here in Thailand) like netflix and Sky news etc you will need a VPN service.

I don't know about Netflix, but Sky News works without a VPN (at least here in the sandpit).

You are correct, my bad.

I have a ATV 3 bought here in Thailand and use it without problems to stream my downloaded tv shows, movies and music through Itunes. The apps (part from Netflix) don't really interest me, because that's not the main purpose of the ATV.

For those movies not supported by Itunes (MKV, Xvid and the like) I re-encode them with Handbrake or Iflicks or stream them directly with 'Beamer'.

I also use Trickbyte to bypass Netflix block.

Edited by sniffdog
  • Like 1

For all: to get the most out of your ATV, do this: install VUZE and PLEX. Then install PlexConnect for ATV. This will connect you to all the content on the bit torrent networks and allow you to use the ATV to view content downloaded via VUZE, via the Trailers hack. Of course, if you want to subscribe and pay for content, you can always do that too.

I just download stuff to my mac, and then airplay it to the ATV. Or if I wanna get fancy, I add all my movies to my iPad, and airplay from there.

Need to make sure they are MP4s...works great!

Been playing with this lately maybe thought you guys might enjoy it.

Air parrot lets you AirPlay individual apps from osx, so that way I can play videos on vlc then just AirPlay vlc. Also makes it very nice to AirPlay xbmc :)

Also just came across Beamer which has less features than air parrot but so far the performance is better.

You can do it for free by using the native airplay in osx but I found it slower and not to friendly to multi tasking.

Edited by justsumhelp