FFS beer prices

macanello

Similar happened to me at the apartment poolside bar last week.

Buy a beer and get charged the usual 75B. Short while later buy a second and suddenly it's 85B because they've just restocked the fridge and prices went up.

Well at least they look like ethical operators.

They could have been charging the new price for old stock. :whistling:

Buy a beer and get charged the usual 75B. Short while later buy a second and suddenly it's 85B because they've just restocked the fridge and prices went up.

They could have been charging the new price for old stock. whistling.gif

Isn't the tax increase 5b a bottle? Perhaps not quite so ethical after all.

They could have been charging the new price for old stock. whistling.gif

Isn't the tax increase 5b a bottle? Perhaps not quite so ethical after all.

Yeah some beer will go up 5 baht wholesale some much more wine liquor etc... Don't expect a 5 baht price increase expect 20+ price increase.... Unless you expect the sellers to carry a higher liquor cost percentage..for most bars & restaurants expect a 20thb minimum increase, hotels forget it 30+ those that can afford to have purchased large stocks at the old price, as the increase only effects what's newly entering the country so you will see some prices stay the same for a while, but it's inevitable that even the most honest operators will spike the prices sooner or later, we purchased about a 2-3 month stock on everything.... But won't be able to hold out for long, and fully expect to see several medium importers go under causing a thinning of import varieties on offer, lots of fishy stuff going on behind the scenes

Edited by tb86

• 2 weeks later...

Had the "family" turn up before they fly to England...

.....thought I'd hide in my den with the Spurs/Villa game, a bottle of vodka and some hard rock to keep them out.

A bottle of ABs is now 900^B so i went for the Smirnoff at 845B as I only could nick 1000 off the wife....

Didn't work.

They're all in here now but my voddie is behind the sofa and they have to leave in 20 minutes and must bring me back pot noodles, Vimto and Monster Munch from Merrie England....

Singha Beer in N.Z---

Right now I am buying a 12 pack's @ $26nz--- so at just over 26 baht to $nz--that works out at approx. 52baht per bottle

So I'm not complaining burp.gif

I guess there must be an import/export tax trade-off somewhere along the line ??

I can't believe you are drinking Thai piss in NZ when you can get Steinlager which is 100 times better. presumably you have a few good microbreweries as well.

Mr Millwall---

The Award Winning "Steinies" are always available--Singha Beer comes and goes---and sells very well when available-

The people that I have talked to in the shop quite like the Beer --but have never set a foot in "Old Siam"

P.S--Is the Watermans Arms Pub still there in Millwall ??--

-Chock Dee