Problem @ CM Immigration

lobsterfreak

I was there today doing my 90 day report 3 days late $2000 baht no problem my stupid not theres.

A bit off topic but did you show up 10 days after the required report date because you are allowed 15 days before and 7 days after due date to file the 90 day report as shown on the immigration website?

Topic title changed as way too inflammatory and question the accuracy also. If this was a common occurrence at CM immigration, trust me, the Thaivisa CM members would be ranting about this for months. biggrin.png

Laugh all you want and call it nonsinsical but it does fit in with the OPs line of thought

Are you saying philosophical questions about things that didn't happen are OK.

If so maybe they should start up a forum for philosophy students.

The wonderful world of If. We could change the whole intention of the threads no experience required just

say if the cow didn't jump over the moon who ran away with the spoon.

Laugh all you want and call it nonsensical but it does fit in with the OPs line of thought.

• Like 1

Quite possible the OP paid his money and quite possible the money got accidently detatched from his papers and ended up somewhere. In the past i have had them just paperclip money to my papers until they process it. It is not necescarily corruption but an accident with the money ending up in the wrong pile.

I was there today doing my 90 day report 3 days late $2000 baht no problem my stupid not theres.

A bit off topic but did you show up 10 days after the required report date because you are allowed 15 days before and 7 days after due date to file the 90 day report as shown on the immigration website?

Topic title changed as way too inflammatory and question the accuracy also. If this was a common occurrence at CM immigration, trust me, the Thaivisa CM members would be ranting about this for months. biggrin.png

Laugh all you want and call it nonsinsical but it does fit in with the OPs line of thought

The wonderful world of If. We could change the whole intention of the threads no experience required just

Did you actually see the original topic title "'blatant corruption'", nothing philosophical about that now is there and dangerous to have as a title? His OP softened the tone down.

Did you actually see the original topic title "'blatant corruption'", nothing philosophical about that now is there and dangerous to have as a title? His OP softened the tone down.

Sorry you are right I did see the title but he still did not claim it was an actually happening. You made the correct decision in changing it. Just a philosophical question. For my money it was a troll as one of the previous posters said he is not new to TV he knows what to expect. If it indeed did happen he should have stated it. I really really really like the game of if but I don't think this is the proper forum to open up a thread with it. As you can see many of the posters treat it like it was a fact.

• Like 1

I was there today doing my 90 day report 3 days late $2000 baht no problem my stupid not theres. I felt sorry for the officer that took my money he had three pages of receipts to fill out ..

While I was standing there another man walked up and talked to a female officer said he had given his passport to an officer named MR XXXXX and he didnt get a visa . She explained to him that they did not have a MR XXXX who worked there . The entire thing sounded funny guy had his pass port . She was real nice and explained to him what he needed to do . Im not sure it sunk in with him or not ......BUt there never was any mention of money being paid .....

3 days = 1500 THB. No? I've managed to talk my way out of paying every time. Pure luck.

Well I thought I was going to slip by but not the case ..... I didnt try to talk my way out of it .. Just paid it ..... My 7th day would have been the 22nd Im not sure how they figuired it ....

I believe all the Immigration offices have now installed video surveillance cameras watching over the front desks, ostensibly to prevent unauthorized money form changing hands. If you were at a legitimate station at the front counter, there should be a video record of you handing over the money -- if you did.

I suspect that you are right about the cameras. Even gas stations have them.

The OP asked a question, he did not say this happened to him.

My question to the OP is; what is the significance of this thread? And if we don`t hear from him anymore, than troll comes into mind.

Hinting at misconduct against the police or Immigration in this way and leaving this to speculations and assumptions is not wise, especially on an open forum.

My question to the OP is; what is the significance of this thread? And if we don`t hear from him anymore, than troll comes into mind.

Hinting at misconduct against the police or Immigration in this way and leaving this to speculations and assumptions is not wise, especially on an open forum.

Did you read post #6?

Did you read post #6?

Post number 6 did not answer the question. It assumed that he had paid the money.

The question was

"Here is a philosophical question for you... If you pay"

A Philosophical question with the word if in it denotes a non event.

He did well with it he is a troll and knew had to suck the people in. Most of them answered with actual accounts of the event where the money was paid and no denial of it. They did not answer what they would do if it were to happen to them.

Well played lobsterfreak.clap2.gif

But the original title was over the top I expect to bring in the crowd.

Edited by hellodolly

I once was waiting on a visa extension. I was waiting an inordinately long time and noticed others who had come after me had already left. I went up to the middle desk and asked about it. The poor girl contacted her supervisor who told me I did not give them my passport. I told her I did indeed give them my passport. This went back and forth with the woman getting angrier and angrier and me simply shocked because there was no doubt whatsoever I gave them my passport. She started shouting at me and then went and started talking to other people in the office. After about 10 minutes, they found my passport... bizarre.

They are overworked and short-staffed at CM Immigration. I just did a visa extension at BKK immigration and was in and out in 30 minutes, and was not even one of the first on line... compare that to 4-5 hours at CM...

You can twist it any way you want, Dolly. Post number 6 indicates something did happen to "I"... which refers to the poster, which is the OP.

You are assuming the OP did not pay the money, which is not surprising at all.

Edited by hml367