Bangkok braces for floods as Chao Phraya River rises

webfact

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Deleted post edited out*

She did want to built the anti-flood infra.

But opposition leader Mark was against it; so if there is a flood, blame Mark for stopping the mega projects.

Edited by Scott
Deleted post edited out

Mr Sanya said the BMA has prepared five million sandbags to prevent overflowing water and floods in areas where construction of embankments is not yet finished. The remaining section is about 85 metres long

Come on only 85 meters left ? Cant this be done in one or 2 day's ?

Quite funny this. Last time, they had 85 or 850 or 8500 km of canals and waterways which overflowed. But, no, this time. If we just block this 85m, all will be ok? I really can't believe they appear to have been caught out in virtually the same way again.

Anyone want to buy a beautiful house up country? I've got one for sale....

Mr Sanya said the BMA has prepared five million sandbags to prevent overflowing water and floods in areas where construction of embankments is not yet finished. The remaining section is about 85 metres long

At least now we know what happened to the 350 billion baht flood prevention money. Seems we got 5 million sandbags for the money, plus of course gasoline to the "water pushing machines", so not all was lost to corruption smile.png

• Like 1

maybe it is 85 km.....

I'm sick to my stomach and we don't what to do at the moment. The klong across the street is up and it was that way before we were flooded two years ago. We're a bit higher than the houses on the other side. They were soaked two days before it hit us and the whole time we were told "No problems" We had no warning!

If you check a timeline from 2011 it could be worse this time round. The rain seems much heavier and much more consistent. At this time in 2011 only 25 provinces were flooded, upto 27 this year already.

They do seem to be releasing more water much earlier this time though.

Only time will tell, as sadly, we can't trust what we're being told. Hopefully it won't be the same as 2011 again.

• Like 1

I think its time for anyone in Thailand to move to higher levels, as this just seems to be happening more and more noe

Judging by the large number of condos and apartments going up around Chiang Mai, it seems to me that a great many people around BKK are moving to higher ground - much higher.

If you check a timeline from 2011 it could be worse this time round. The rain seems much heavier and much more consistent. At this time in 2011 only 25 provinces were flooded, upto 27 this year already.

Only time will tell, as sadly, we can't trust what we're being told. Hopefully it won't be the same as 2011 again.

It can't possibly get even close? Can it? Can't be possible.

I'm sick to my stomach and we don't what to do at the moment. The klong across the street is up and it was that way before we were flooded two years ago. We're a bit higher than the houses on the other side. They were soaked two days before it hit us and the whole time we were told "No problems" We had no warning!

Well, in all honesty, if you don't know what to do, that would suggest that you have a small amount of faith that these people wouldn't be prepared to bare faced lie to you about what may be really going on here.

So if I were you, I would start taking control of the situation and start moving all your stuff upstairs, and making a ton of sandbags, because NO ONE in the Thai government gives a s**t about you or your problems. They have no problems in their life, and they are telling you, it should be "no problem" to your life either when 5 feet or 5 inches, or 1/2 an inch of water is in your living room.

Working on it now!

Well, in all honesty, if you don't know what to do, that would suggest that you have a small amount of faith that these people wouldn't be prepared to bare faced lie to you about what may be really going on here.

So if I were you, I would start taking control of the situation and start moving all your stuff upstairs, and making a ton of sandbags, because NO ONE in the Thai government gives a s**t about you or your problems. They have no problems in their life, and they are telling you, it should be "no problem" to your life either when 5 feet or 5 inches, or 1/2 an inch of water is in your living room.

Trust that advice Local Drunk, it is spoken by a Thai at Heart thumbsup.gif

Working on it now!

Good luck.

how about all these new condos popping up and have riverview...

Maybe a RIVER FRONT view with even closer views than they really paid for ??/ I feel sorry for the people who cannot do anything but stay where they are. Unfortunately, thailand is a WET TROPICS country and VERY FLAT from the Lampang area southwards so really this is going to be a reall problem every time there is a lot of rain. And more and more people moving to BKK so that is a disaster in itself

It can't possibly get even close? Can it? Can't be possible.

Look at the photos in my earlier post #26 and form your opinion from there.

Personally, I don't feel at all confident and will soon make arrangements to completely empty the ground floor of my house unless I see some positive and more importantly accurate information. This time, if it happens I will have taken every precaution within my capabilities. Good luck.

• Like 1

Most of Bangkok will be flood-free despite 2 approaching storms,National Disaster Warning Center assured /The Nation

Pathetic in the eye of the storm...

Why can't they be open and honest and issue warnings to all the areas that ARE going to flood. Maybe then they can prevent deaths of little girls. Rather than constantly try to bullshit people that everything is cool.

Floods kill people and animals.... wake up and start moving people out instead of living in denial.

What a stupidly pathetic excuse for a government.

They should be tied to lamp posts in the areas they say won't flood.

Why don't you tell us what you really think?