LG Smart TV Impossible to record to USB ?

angrybird

Among the many features, I believe I have the latest one. it is limited to 50 mins recording unscheduled using the internal memory.

The help pages advise how to record onto a USB

I have all the right connections as far as I can ascertain.

I t does say a USB of no less than 40 gigabytes is needed

Doing some searches, others have used big capacity USB with no luck

I have found it is just an exercise in frustration contacting LG locally or internationally

I have a Sony DVD recorder which I have used previously, it is limited to a DVD capacity and cannot record from the LG except

by changing connections and guesswork

Any Help Please ?

What format is the USB ? Sometimes if they are formated as NTFS they won't play. Try one formatted as FAT and see if that works

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Can only be done (trial and error ?) by using an external HDD mine is 500 gigabyte, seems then can only record 3 hrs but it says 5. This is at Normal setting ! More trials to follow.

• 1 month later...

What format is the USB ? Sometimes if they are formated as NTFS they won't play. Try one formatted as FAT and see if that works

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Can only be done (trial and error ?) by using an external HDD mine is 500 gigabyte, seems then can only record 3 hrs but it says 5. This is at Normal setting ! More trials to follow.

Sounds like you are recording in HD,(high definition) and the 5 hours you are talking about is in SD (standard definition) but I think you are mixing gigabytes with recording time, the two are not necessarily the same

see this for a more detailed explanation of gigabytes and recording time:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_hours_can_1_gigabyte_hold