Anywhere offshore people get together in Sukhumvit Road

mariner16

Fairly new to Bangkok, been here 3 - 4 years, and have noticed that all the guys living in Thailand that I meet offshore seem to live around Pattaya. I prefer Bangkok but just wondering where the local hang out is for you guys to get together, or is that not something that happens in Bangkok

Lived in Singapore before this and have happy memories of sessions at Bam Booze at Changi Village and the Sportsman Bar in Orchard Road

There's the Offshore located in soi 23 next to the chip shop with the same name.

The grumpy old owner ( cheers Ray) used to work in Saudi and has been running the place for 30 years now.

The regulars are a mixed bag of ( retired) O&G workers, local expats and other riff raff.

It's hit and miss though because you never know who's in; sometimes it's completely dead and other times you're getting drunk at one in the afternoon with a handful of guys.

Great place though.

Okay, The Offshore Bar, suppose I should have perservered, went in there a couple of times when I first came to Bangkok but as you say was always dead, good fish and chips though !

Have a week and a half to go in an Exxon Mobil field off West Malaysia, looking forward to a beer or six

Cheers

• 5 months later...