Need Some Brochures Printed...pls Advice

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good and reasonable printer here in BKK? I need at least 5000 tri-fold brochures printed, 4 colours. I am told that it is cheaper and better quality getting it printed at a factory. Can anyone recommend one?

Would be most grateful for your help.

M

Ask the print shop if they have a Komori or a Heidelberg press. That may let them know that you know a little about the industry. Komori is newer and Japanese.

Pre-press is where you will interface I bet, so you might ask if someone in pre-press speaks your favorite language.

Did you check that little english language yellow pages phone book under printers/printing?

Try Hi-Res printing, 14 Sukhumvit 24 (tel: 0.2204.1959). It's about fifty meters behind the Emporium facing Queen's Park.

On the whole, printing in Thailand is unreliable, of mediocre quality, and the people you have to deal with are of the mei-pen-rei school of professionalism common to Thais. We spent a long time looking for someone to do printing for us here and never found anyone who was both reliable and competent. Hi-Res is the best of a bad lot. We used them for some tri-folds recently and...well, they're okay. That's about the best you can ever say around here.

THat's sad...but can u also tell me how much Hi-Res charged you for the tri-fold brochures u had printed recently - 4 colours? I just need a rough estimate, if u don't mind.

Ours was a short run and we had them laminated, so it was pretty expensive. B40 per piece. That would obviously come way down for a run of 5000 pieces.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! I found a printer who is really efficient and very reasonable. He was recommended to me by one of my colleagues. SO if you need a good printer, call Somchai or email him at [email protected]

He comes to collect the artwork and then delivers everything else to you. I managed to get 10,000 tri-coloured brochures printed on 120g paper at less than 1.5 bht per piece! Now that is a bargain, and it's pretty good quality too.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys! I found a printer who is really efficient and very reasonable. He was recommended to me by one of my colleagues. SO if you need a good printer, call Somchai or email him at [email protected]

He comes to collect the artwork and then delivers everything else to you. I managed to get 10,000 tri-coloured brochures printed on 120g paper at less than 1.5 bht per piece! Now that is a bargain, and it's pretty good quality too.

Hope this helps!

I took your advice and used this guy too. First we checked a few print shops closer to home (in the ekamai and prakanong area) but they quoted much higher prices and couldn't show any samples of decent quality so we called Somchai.

He sent a messenger who picked up our home-printed sample brochure and CD with the artwork and returned next day with sample prints. We placed the order and two days later we got 10500 excellent looking glossy tri-folds. (total cost: B15k + VAT)

WOW! No spelling mistakes lingling? I am impressed.

I am assuming this is in Bangkok?

Yes, it is in Bangkok. The brochures are exactly like the artwork we gave him - fonts, spelling, colors etc are correct (and high resolution). 120g glossy paper, CMYK printing, tri-fold with a lot of graphics (photos etc) embedded with the text.

Now we just need to do the hard part - distribute them...

I am so glad to hear that! Yeah, Khun Somchai is a rare find and I thank my colleague everyday for recommending the guy. Most of the printers I contacted before him either tried to charge me ridicules prices for really poor quality work or they took forever to send me a quote. THose at MBK are the worst! Their quality is crap and their service even worse!

Thank god for Somchai :o

I am so glad to hear that! Yeah, Khun Somchai is a rare find and I thank my colleague everyday for recommending the guy. Most of the printers I contacted before him either tried to charge me ridicules prices for really poor quality work or they took forever to send me a quote. THose at MBK are the worst! Their quality is crap and their service even worse!

Thank god for Somchai :o